Pendarosa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
We will be heading to the Pendarosa tomorrow for a fun filled day of good eats, adult bev (If I bring the beer), and better company…We are preparing some Smokey Sausage and Chicken Gumbo…
My homemade Sausage

Seasoned Chicken

The Trinity

Starting the Roux (sp)

The finished Roux

With the trinity

Gumbo ready to cook

and yes we needed a different pot...

Ive also started prepping for tommarrow..Ive taken two pieces of white bread, buttered the outsides, carefully place a piece of cheese between them and cook to a golden brown...will serve with some cheesy poofs ! Ill be cooking them today, then heating them in the microwave when serving time comes...Ive got a six pack of beer for us..I plan on storing whatever we dont drink for the next gtg !

john pen said:
Ive also started prepping for tommarrow..Ive taken two pieces of white bread, buttered the outsides, carefully place a piece of cheese between them and cook to a golden brown...will serve with some cheesy poofs ! Ill be cooking them today, then heating them in the microwave when serving time comes...Ive got a six pack of beer for us..I plan on storing whatever we dont drink for the next gtg !

Don't forget the pics! You know how we are around here 8-[

Sounds like John is going all out for your visit Witt Doggy Dog, A whole 6 pack wow :eek: Grilled cheese is over the top, what a feast =D> :D

I've never heard of a gumbo without some kind of seafood in it :eek:
I've always wanted to try it, but I don't cares for the surf just the turf. :grin:

Puff said:
Sounds like John is going all out for your visit Witt Doggy Dog, A whole 6 pack wow :eek: Grilled cheese is over the top, what a feast =D> :D

I've always wanted to try it, but I don't cares for the surf just the turf. :grin:

Hey, Lets not forget the cheesy poofs !!!!

john pen said:
Puff said:

Dip too? 8-[

Puff said:
john pen said:
Puff said:

Dip too? 8-[

Lets not go overboard....

john pen said:
Puff said:
[quote="john pen":sh63b6r6]
Puff said:

Dip too? 8-[

Lets not go overboard....[/quote:sh63b6r6]
:lmao: You already have, to hell with the dip :grin:

john pen said:
Puff said:

I thought they were cheese PUFFS :grin: :grin:

Puff I don't care for most seafood that's why I like this recipe.....and don't let Mr. Pen fool you...I will probably need a bypass by the time we are done eating....

wittdog said:
Puff I don't care for most seafood that's why I like this recipe.....and don't let Mr. Pen fool you...I will probably need a bypass by the time we are done eating....
I'll have to snag it from you..... 8-[

Cheesy PUFFS will also lead to a bypass, well maybe if he had dip :eek:

Take pics(not of John) and have a great time :!:

Hey, I LOVE CHEEZY POOFS! Yep, I call them that, too and I could eat a whole bag at one sitting! LOL

Seriously, I hope you guys have a great time this weekend! Sounds like lots of fun!

mrgrumpy said:
Hey Dog... what ya know about making Gumbo..... that is southern creole food... not yankee stuff....

If ya want some of the real stuff, come on down, if you can stand the heat that is.....
Hey it's like what do I know about Q that's southern food to...........the Gumbo isn't very hot...the Mrs doesn't like the heat #-o but IMO it is very tastey...but we will let the King of the melted fromage sammie let you know what he thought of it....

This was taken from a PM John sent me with directions to his house John Pen wrote : “Old farmhouse in the process of being remodeled...Old green truck, our van or grey bronco in the drive. Grey pole barn in back..

Prob about 45 min ride from your place...when you get on the parkway your no more that 5 or 10 min away…â€

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom