Parmesan Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
Looked at some parmesan breaded chicken in Publix the other day for dinner and noticed it was about $2.00 a pound more then plain boneless/skinless. Well, hells bells, I can do that so I bought the plain boneless/skinless and off I went. Got home and mixed up some flour, parmesan cheese, and Italian breadcrumbs. Slapped it on the chicken then put into the refrigerator for a couple of hours. A quick fry in some lard while the fries were doing their thing in the oven and it it’s time to eat. Very tasty as well as nice & moist, and $2.00 a pound cheaper then the supermarket.

img_158698_0_16f252e08e87cce8a1cff8597656f22f.jpg

img_158698_1_89147ba5a3f6ceff6fec59d502ada689.jpg

img_158698_2_5dc27dff52d856c30fcf46ad920f247f.jpg

img_158698_3_a8167287016d23d038df12fd84e54e6b.jpg

Looks good. I do the same thing and make a butter/lemon sauce in with the drippings.

Super nice looking meal, Oh & welcome back.

With all that money ya saving you'll be able to buy you a fry daddy at the wally world soon :LOL:

Looks great. The original Atkin's Diet cookbook published back in the 70's had some recipes for using straight parmesiam cheese for breading such things as pan sauteed fish etc. Guess it designed to cut back on the carbs over flour etc. Noticed it gave a fantastic flavor. Started using it combined with flour on all kinds of fried meats..chicken fried steak..Bambi etc. You a very smart young man to use it on dead chickens.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Looks great. The original Atkin's Diet cookbook published back in the 70's had some recipes for using straight parmesiam cheese for breading such things as pan sauteed fish etc. Guess it designed to cut back on the carbs over flour etc. Noticed it gave a fantastic flavor. Started using it combined with flour on all kinds of fried meats..chicken fried steak..Bambi etc. You a very smart young man to use it on dead chickens.

bigwheel

As old Gomer use to say, Well Gollyee. Finally found some who appreciates my intellingence after 66 years of looking. Thank ya BW. ;)

JB, they ain't no way in hell my wife is ever going to let me buy a fryer. I been trying for over 25 years now and it just ain't going to fly.

Well not only is you highly smart but so is your little bride. I have owned my fair share of assorted electrified home frying apparatuses..and aint never seen one worth a flip. Once you get the grease a little cold..like when a person gets sick of waiting and adds too much of the fryables at one time...it takes forever to bring the heat back up. You wind up with a soggy mess most times. A cast iron Dutch Oven and boyscout camp stove works much mo betta. Thats how my old game warden pal done it and he could cook the best fish..tates and hush puppies in a hundred mile radius of his crib. When he get done and it cool down a bit..he strain the oil through a pair of used panty hose and pour it back into the plastic jug it came from using a funnel. Always carried it around in the chuck box in the back of his Jeep for next time. No ice box on this deal and he never pour any out. When the oil ran low he just go buy a fresh jug to go with. He always use Crisco oil but bet that Peanut squeezings be good for that too. Try that and kindly repoat back with the results. Might want to invest in a temp gauge too. He could tell when it time to cook just by looking at it...but then he was an exspurt. He could also skin a Coyote in 90 seconds which would be suitable to send off to them who buy such things. A nice fluffy one bring 40-50 bucks. Bobcat bring two hundred easy. I think all that stuff has been banned by Peta Fonda now.

bigwheel

Well he used it mainly for frying fish so I dont see any problemos about the fishy smell.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom