Paprika to be

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
In case you hadn’t seen it before, thought I'd share a pic of what really good paprika starts out looking like (the pile on the left – picked today). I should have enough to begin drying by weeks end. The anaheims are starting to color a little so should have a batch for drying in a couple of weeks. Both types will end up in my BBQ rub and chili powder. That big fellow on the right is a giant Marconi (sweet) and the small ones in the middle are Wenks yellow – about the size of a big jalapeno and similar heat, except they go from yellow to red vs. japs that go green to red. I plan to make up a batch of ABT’s from them next time I fire up the smoker. The unusually cooler weather is bringing on a bumper crop of peppers.
img_196167_0_84ceda53c9daae9225ba54c70b6be352.jpg

Sure you aint making chile powder? Seems like paprika comes from some member of the Pimento family. Or maybe they are all in the family. Who knows? :?

bigwheel

Good to see you around here Big Dude.........I thought that paprika was made from red bell peppers. I think I learned that here. :?:

dollarbill said:
Good to see you around here Big Dude.........I thought that paprika was made from red bell peppers. I think I learned that here. :?:
I believe commercial paprika may be made from a variety of ripe peppers, but the actual paprika peppers, home processed, yield a product that is fundamentally superior to what we buy in the store

Very nice Paprika's. My garden sucks this year. Been too cold. I have some Hab plants that are the same size as they were when planted 2 1/2 months ago. Mt Paps are yellow/green, but the plants are real small.
My tomato plants just started growing about 2 weeks ago. Very bad year. We need more SUVs to get world temps up.

Back
Top Bottom