Packed in Cancer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand why you shared your information and I appreciate that you care enough about people to try and share new information. I guess it's just because no matter what food you eat, what beverage you drink, there is always a danger of cancer and other illnesses.

My father was diagnosed with colono/rectal cancer over 3 years ago. He underwent 24/7 chemo in a pump for 6 weeks along with radiation treatments. Then he had surgery. Since then he has been cancer-free at every check-up. He is on disability now because the radiation caused burning in his intestines and causes digestive issues.to the point he sometimes has accidents due to the diarrhea. This is something that has hit me very close to home. There is no explainable reason why my dad has cancer. The doctors are amazed that his lung x-rays always come back clear and healthy. He's been a smoker for the better part of 40 years and tried to quit numerous times unsuccessfully.

I do not think we will see a cure for cancer. The drug companies and medical institution as a whole make way too much money off of this one disease. It is my belief that greed will keep the cures hidden from normal folks. I may be wrong but I see our society as being fueled by money and power.

allie said:
I understand why you shared your information and I appreciate that you care enough about people to try and share new information. I guess it's just because no matter what food you eat, what beverage you drink, there is always a danger of cancer and other illnesses.

My father was diagnosed with colono/rectal cancer over 3 years ago. He underwent 24/7 chemo in a pump for 6 weeks along with radiation treatments. Then he had surgery. Since then he has been cancer-free at every check-up. He is on disability now because the radiation caused burning in his intestines and causes digestive issues.to the point he sometimes has accidents due to the diarrhea. This is something that has hit me very close to home. There is no explainable reason why my dad has cancer. The doctors are amazed that his lung x-rays always come back clear and healthy. He's been a smoker for the better part of 40 years and tried to quit numerous times unsuccessfully.

I do not think we will see a cure for cancer. The drug companies and medical institution as a whole make way too much money off of this one disease. It is my belief that greed will keep the cures hidden from normal folks. I may be wrong but I see our society as being fueled by money and power.

My father said the same thing 20 years ago! Money makes the world go round!

My dad sees doctors every couple of months and then some. He has talked to them about quitting but they don't really offer much if any assistance. After you have cancer, you are in the doctors office frequently until after 5 years when remission is declared. Even then, there are still annual checkups to ensure you stay cancer-free. Not to mention, he is now fighting for disability due to the radiation side effects so has to see yet another doctor for that. He is to the point of hating doctors and all they represent because while his cancer is gone he still has a very rough life with lots of pain and other issues. He is afraid to even try to come visit us (900 miles away) because of his problems. It has completely changed his life of freedom into one of almost being held captive in his home.

As for the institution of medicine, yes there are advances. It's just my opinion that they will throw us bones but never reveal a true cure. Hopefully, I am wrong but money makes the world go round and if they didn't throw out a bone every now and then people would eventually stop supporting cancer research, along with research for other diseases.

If a person really wants to prevent breast cancer they need to try and talk ladies out of having abortions. That is the leading cause of the ailment but since it do not fit with the liberal agenda the left wing main stream media do not report on it.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
If a person really wants to prevent breast cancer they need to try and talk ladies out of having abortions. That is the leading cause of the ailment but since it do not fit with the liberal agenda the left wing main stream media do not report on it.

bigwheel

Please explain where you got this info from. I'd like to read up on it.

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Please explain where you got this info from. I'd like to read up on it.

Yeppers..read that one too. What must be kept in mind here is (to borrow a phrase from Ann Coulter) abortion is a holy sacrament for the godless religion of liberalism..very similar to the Lord's Supper for Christians. You dont really expect a liberal to tell the truth on the matter now do ya? It dont bother them to lie about anything else..doubt seriously if they want to get factual about something as important to them as killing unborn babies.

bigwheel

ZBQ said:
Bigwheel,

I am here to tell you that breast cancer has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with abortion or liberalism!!! FACT!!!!!!

My mother lost one breast to breast cancer and my grandmother lost both breasts to breast cancer.

My mother underwent excruciating radiation treatments every single day for 6 months with a grid pattern marked on her chest in permanent marker. They treated one square each day. My mother's chest was as red as a fire hydrant and she kept putting ice on it while she was crying because it burned so bad.

NEITHER my mother NOR my grandmother has EVER had an abortion and NEITHER is a liberal!!

And just for your information, NEITHER of them has EVER smoked a cigarette in their life and they are both church going CHRISTIANS!!!

Using the excruciatingly horrible RANDOM suffering of others for your personal political adgenda is just plain SICK!!
Much better said then I could have ZBQ.....my response probably would have got me banned or deleted.....Big Wheel this is the wrong forum to be posting half baked ideas that deal with some fundamental religious views. Find some kind of bible thumping fire and brimstone site to expand on the cow fertilizer your spreading……one could draw a direct comparison to your views and certain other religious fanatics that are attempting to fight a jihad against this country…..I know things tend to be a little backwards in Texus but the freedom of religion also protects us from religion (whether you brain washed individuals like it or not. I come to this site to talk about BBQ not some crack pot religious views that blames everything bad that happens to some one else on their believe system and when something bad happens to them…they say that god is testing them….what a load of crap) …..So save it and tell other brain washed individuals that regurgitate what ever some crazy pastor tells them…..or some talking head on the TV tells them……..for a forum that is dedicated to that type of garbage and talk Q while you’re here…..

Smokey_Joe said:
AMEN!.............oops.....LOL.... I mean well said DOG.

The only thumpin' I wanna hear is the shag bark hickory hitting the backside of my firebox when I throw it in.
Halleluiah bro Smokey Joe…..Testify……I was lost in the wilderness of BBQ…..I was brought up as a godless heathen who knew nothing but the taste of gas grilled ribs …and parboiled meat…[smilie=rlp_smilie_003.gif] But for the grace of BBQ4U I have been found and baptized in the smell of hickory and lump charcoal….. :scratch ;)I now attempt to convert the masses to great Q
Archbishop and Demon Deacon of the Church of BBQ

bigwheel said:
Yeppers..read that one too. What must be kept in mind here is (to borrow a phrase from Ann Coulter) abortion is a holy sacrament for the godless religion of liberalism..very similar to the Lord's Supper for Christians. You dont really expect a liberal to tell the truth on the matter now do ya? It dont bother them to lie about anything else..doubt seriously if they want to get factual about something as important to them as killing unborn babies.

bigwheel

Anyone else but me see some ribs on the table at the last supper and some more good Q cookin' outside in the background?

bigwheel..... slow down and take a few deep breaths...... breathe.....

you OK now?....easy does it... save the fire and brimstone for your masses at your church.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NOOOOOO.... it's NOT a cult......just DON'T drink the water! [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

wdroller said:
ZBQ said:
Bigwheel,

I am here to tell you that breast cancer has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with abortion or liberalism!!! FACT!!!!!!

My mother lost one breast to breast cancer and my grandmother lost both breasts to breast cancer.

My mother underwent excruciating radiation treatments every single day for 6 months with a grid pattern marked on her chest in permanent marker. They treated one square each day. My mother's chest was as red as a fire hydrant and she kept putting ice on it while she was crying because it burned so bad.

NEITHER my mother NOR my grandmother has EVER had an abortion and NEITHER is a liberal!!

And just for your information, NEITHER of them has EVER smoked a cigarette in their life and they are both church going CHRISTIANS!!!

Using the excruciatingly horrible RANDOM suffering of others for your personal political adgenda is just plain SICK!![/quote]

I don't really want to get into this part of the discussion. However, I must remind you that most Christians (I am not one) believe that their God is actively at work in the world today. That is, He was not something that came and went a long, long time ago. Therefore, there can be no such thing as RANDOM suffering.
wdroller as a non christian which god gives you martinis

Well, bigwheel, that certainly is something to think about...

We had a doctor share with us some information about how to greatly reduce the chances of testicular cancer-- our vet said if we had our dog neutered it would accomplish that. I would imagine it would work for humans as well. It also greatly reduces the perpetuation of stupidity.

:scratch ........<scratching head>...... :scratch

Are you recommending that bigwheel gets neutered to save the chance of him reproducing............, or testicular cancer?

Bob Barker says...."Have your pet spayed or neutered"

Well did not realize this hit so close to a hot bed of godless liberalism. Shows whut I know huh? Fact is I had a cyber pal (male) who died of breast cancer so just because a person watched their Granny all their life to make sure she did not have a back alley deal with the Voodoo lady and her coat hanger do not mean it cant happen to somebody we know and love. Speaking strictly statistics here. To follow the thread as proposed I gonna have to take the liberty of praphrasing Archie Bunker when he said regarding lung cancer "Well me an Edith has both smoked all our lives and we aint dead yet." How do so many retards manage to gather in one spot?

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom