Oyster Warning near some of our guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Cappy. Also might mention that sometimes cooking it aint no panacea for the problemo. For example I saw a segment on TV that Lysteria virus is not killed at the internal temps typically produced by frying or steaming of shell fish. It will still get you even though it's "cooked." Not sure about the virus you mention..maybe it tell in the article how high to take it to kill it if a person wants to be safe and got some way to check it. Sure pressure canning would get it..course it aint gonna help on the mercury and other heavy metals. Let us hearken back to the old admonition I read somewhere:

These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: Lev 9-10

Sorta puts the Cajuns and frog eating Frenchies outta bizness huh? :shock:

bigwheel

Norovirus is typically a virus that is associated with Human feces, fecal contaminated waters, and fecal contaminated produce

Foods that are typicall affected are Ready to eat foods such as salads, sandwiches , baked potatoes, oysters fruits and vegetables

either the water was contaminated by sewage, or some worker serving them didn't endeavor practices using the commode that are learned at an early age, and did not wash their hands, and touched food, or there was cross contamination somewhere in the chain of events...

Am not a scientist ,but just took a class on food safety..I'll check my notes again but from what I remember boiling , high temp, helps nothing if a product is infected with a virus

Back
Top Bottom