Our very own Chris Finney...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Will be making an apperance on the BBQ Central Internet radio show this coming Tuesday night. He will be lending his expertise and insight on the "Reverse Sear Method" that has been generating a lot of buzz arounf the grilling forum.

Be sure to tune in at 9pm EST for the fastest growing show about BBQ and grilling.

You will also be able to check out the new intro produced by our very own Scotty Da Q who really out did himself.

www.bbstalkradio.com

archive page: www.bbstalkradio.com/Greg.php

Greg Rempe said:
Will be making an apperance on the BBQ Central Internet radio show this coming Tuesday night. He will be lending his expertise and insight on the "Reverse Sear Method" that has been generating a lot of buzz arounf the grilling forum.

Be sure to tune in at 9pm EST for the fastest growing show about BBQ and grilling.

You will also be able to check out the new intro produced by our very own Scotty Da Q who really out did himself.www.bbstalkradio.com

archive page: www.bbstalkradio.com/Greg.php

I gotta preview of it and it is awesome!!

Finney Schminney!

Thanks Greg, listened last night. I knew there was a hold up involving Cookshack, did not know it was the Traeger connection. Crap, I sold my Traeger thinking this thing would be available shortly; doesn't look like it.

John A. said:
Thanks Greg, listened last night. I knew there was a hold up involving Cookshack, did not know it was the Traeger connection. Crap, I sold my Traeger thinking this thing would be available shortly; doesn't look like it.

Hmmm...... I told you Cookshack told me it would be at least a year! :roll: Nobody ever listens to me! :cry: :cry:

Come on John, now is the time I can cut you a good deal on a Primo or Fast Eddy Cooker!!! :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="John A.":28fvrnij]Thanks Greg, listened last night. I knew there was a hold up involving Cookshack, did not know it was the Traeger connection. Crap, I sold my Traeger thinking this thing would be available shortly; doesn't look like it.

Hmmm...... I told you Cookshack told me it would be at least a year! :roll: Nobody ever listens to me! :cry: :cry:

Come on John, now is the time I can cut you a good deal on a Primo or Fast Eddy Cooker!!! :LOL:[/quote:28fvrnij]

FE stayed here at the hotel for the Daytona 500. He was hoping for April but felt sure it would not be beyond May-Jun. The FEC is just too big for two people 90% of the time. When they first came out I begged Stuart (CS CEO) to make a smaller version, to no avail. Convert one of those Primos to burn pellets and we can make a deal. :roll:

John A. said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":30gpxiwn][quote="John A.":30gpxiwn]Thanks Greg, listened last night. I knew there was a hold up involving Cookshack, did not know it was the Traeger connection. Crap, I sold my Traeger thinking this thing would be available shortly; doesn't look like it.

Come on John, now is the time I can cut you a good deal on a Primo or Fast Eddy Cooker!!! :LOL:[/quote:30gpxiwn]

FE stayed here at the hotel for the Daytona 500. He was hoping for April but felt sure it would not be beyond May-Jun. The FEC is just too big for two people 90% of the time. When they first came out I begged Stuart (CS CEO) to make a smaller version, to no avail. Convert one of those Primos to burn pellets and we can make a deal. :roll:[/quote:30gpxiwn]

I was funning ya John!

Primo might be the way for you to go, you can cook for 2 or alot more on it. A 20lb bag of lump lasts me well over a month as much as I cook and you don't need to clean the ash but after about every 3-4 cooks. You can burn pellets along with the lump!

I know :LOL: You just know that Traeger wants to build that thing. I suspect that they are holding CS's feet to the fire about supplying the augers for the FEC's.

Excellent podcast Chris!

I took notes. I thought that the temp of the smoker was supposed to be 250 in the first stage and between 650 and 700 for the second stage. I am going to try the method very soon. Cool and thanks for the information.! :D

So Greg, what is the temperature supposed to be?

Chris

BchrisL said:
Excellent podcast Chris!

I took notes. I thought that the temp of the smoker was supposed to be 250 in the first stage and between 650 and 700 for the second stage. I am going to try the method very soon. Cool and thanks for the information.! :D

Chris

Yeah me too. But I got it wrong.

BchrisL said:
Excellent podcast Chris!

Chris

It is supposed to be between 225-250. 650-700 is not necessary, I have been only going to about 450* and that seems to work best for me.

Actually you can go 200* for the low if you want. It takes longer, but you get more of the cathepsin action going for a longer period of time (which is better). And yes, sear at whatever temp you like. Higher sear temp means it's not in the high heat as long which changes you internal temp less.

I was under a time constraint so just gave the basics. (Dummy's Guide)

Back
Top Bottom