OUCH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hillbilly1

Sous Chef
Well Used ta be Cool took a serious hit taday. Well lets start at the beginin.

Youngest boys break line broke on his truck, so, dear ol dad takes the new car trailer over an picks up the truck. Get it back ta our house, while I'm puttin the truck an trailer away, the boys decide ta get started, they get out the ramps, start drivin the pickup up em, with no brakes, over shoot the ramps an drive right square inta my smoker! Pushed the back in, caved in the door an sprung it an bent the chimney all up an broke off one a the casters!

img_216210_0_a35f6f16fc97ba4fef307c7ef5cab7c1.jpg

The busted caster.

img_216210_1_623515b69dc296d871939455ff390502.jpg

img_216210_2_5654a8bbd7c3f3c3396e8177b840c5cf.jpg

The door, the pics don't show it to well, but theres a gouge in the door as well as cavin in the front. Sprung it perty good to, leaks like a sive now!

img_216210_3_7b924a96961f3071b566458e4d44ada3.jpg

Ain't no fixin that stack, gonna have ta rebuild that!

It was also full a Mahogany bacon at the time!

Boy feels really bad an so does dad! Ain't sure if I can fix it er gonna just wind up buildin another one. Gotta let my blood pressure drop before I delve inta that.

Kids, ya gotta love em!

Yep, that's kids for ya. On one of my son's first driving lesson, he did fine until it came to pulling to a stop in front of the garage door which was down at the time. He momentarily confused the brake and the clutch. You can imagine what happened.

Sorry about your luck there Hillbilly :( I'll bet Frigidaire isn't stockin' parts for that any more either :LOL:

Recently I was getting my Weber kettle ready to cook in the rain so under the overhang of the garage with the door open ... Wife coming home from work hits the opener button in her car as she came around the corner, crash ... big 10 inch crease and chipped enamel on the lid of my Master-Touch Green, not to mention smoldering lump mess, my CI grates were ok. I've learned my lesson, keep the kettle out of the path of the garage door. Wish I could blame it on one of my kids, but it is my own stupidity :(

Sorry to hear bout the accident Hillbilly.
Thought I was the only one with accident
prone kids :roll:

8)

So sad. Condolences to all involved parties. Kids will act like kids sometimes and it doesn't seem to matter much on the age of the kid. Don't even get me started on the 40 year old kid which mysteriously sprung from my loins:)

bigwheel

Bummer.
Salvage it the best you can. That's one beautiful smoker.
That's what bbq is all about. You can have em $20,000 dollar pits. I'll take your's any day!

Back
Top Bottom