Other uses for Cayenne Pepper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I cut my hand at work today pretty good. It wasn't bad enough to warrant stitches but it was bad enough that I liked to have never got it to stop bleeding.

A customer told me to put some Cayenne pepper on it and it would stop the bleeding and also would not leave a scar. I said Yea, ok, sure.....I will do that as soon as I get home. :roll:

My brother-in-law who is a surgery nurse seemed to think it would get infected by doing that so I looked it up.

First hit was this:
http://www.zetatalk.com/health/theal02n.htm

Uncle Al said:
I noticed that it stops bleeding and dissolves clots. Very interesting how it can do both!!

Al

My wife asked the same question. I googled it and found there is a whole bunch of info that says the same thing.

Cayenne is also very good for any type of tummy problemos. In fact if you read the label of any of the old horse medicines for colic and such thangs you will find cayenne on the list of ingredients. Works the same way on people. It's very soothing to smoothe muscles such as found in the digestive track. It also opens up your blood vessels and can prevent heart attacks and such things. Nearly all health food shoppes sell it in the form of capsules so it dont burn your mouth parts so bad as it goes down. Now will admit this is the first I ever heard of applying it direct to open wounds. Old injun first aid for cuts was to pee on it. Urine is usually sterile (less you have a urinary tract infection) and is a very effective antiseptic. Back in the good old days they sometimes pour pee in your ear if you had an ear ache. That back before my time of course.

bigwheel

Smokey_Joe said:
who knows where that could come in handy and possibly save a life!

And I know that everyone who has read this has moved their cayenne from the back of the cabinet to the front......Just like I did. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom