Oso Creek Chili - aka Pedernales River chili

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Well, I made it with 100 chile pequins and it wasn't even hot enough for the spicy chile. It was the first one to be all eaten up though so that was good. It was also the only chili without beans in it.. I liked it too...

<object width="800" height="450"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s_WuvIZ5Sz4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s_WuvIZ5Sz4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="800" height="450"></embed></object>
SANY0061.JPG

SANY0063.JPG

SANY0064.JPG

SANY0067.JPG

SANY0071.JPG

SANY0073.JPG

SANY0075.JPG

SANY0077.JPG

SANY0078.JPG

SANY0080.JPG

SANY0082.JPG

SANY0085.JPG

SurfinSapo's Oso Creek Chili

10 pounds coarsely ground beef (chili-grind)
2 large chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoon ground cumin
12 teaspoons chili powder
100 chile piquin peppers, smoked, dried & coffee grinded
4 (16-ounce) cans tomatoes
Salt to taste
4 cups hot water

In a Gigantic pan, brown meat with onion and garlic until meat is lightly browned; transfer ingredients to a large kettle.

Add oregano, cumin, chili powder, tomatoes, chile pequins, salt, and hot water. Bring just to a boil; lower heat and simmer, covered, for approximately 1 hour. Remove from heat. Skim off grease and serve. Taste and if not hot enough add more chile piquin....

Another great vid Sapo ;)
Thanks much for sharin' the recipe with us!
Man that chili looks delicious brother :D

8)

Looks good Sapo. Now sometime when you get time to play around try not stirring it so much in the meat browning stage. That give it larger chunks of meat as opposed to the birdshot consistency. Not that the birdshot texture aint good too of course. It just usually a trademark of yankee chili. Me and you is from the West Oso:)

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom