Organ Lunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Just fried up the livers, gizzards and hearts from the chickens that are on the pit. I haven't had fried livers and gizzards in a long time! Very yummy!

I'm with Nick on this one. I love fried chicken livers and hearts but don't really care for the gizzards. I think it is a texture thing.

Griff

Well the gizzard's are not my favorite, but I still like them! The hearts are my favorite, then liver and then the gizzard.

The kids and I love fried chicken livers! Gizzards are ok but nothing compared to those livers!

Griff said:
Helen

I really like your new avatar.

Griff

Thanks...but credit goes to Scotty, he made it =D> Finally getting around to remembering to load the pic on the profile.

Helen_Paradise said:
Griff said:
Helen

I really like your new avatar.

Griff

Thanks...but credit goes to Scotty, he made it =D> Finally getting around to remembering to load the pic on the profile.

I was gonna say, "That BBQ Sammich looked familiar!" That's not just a sammich, that's a "Scotty" sammich!

If you ever, ever come to Louisville, take the time to eat at a place called Mazzoni's. Its located across from the Bowmen Field airport. Best chicken livers around not to mention the best rolled oysters I have ever tried. Mazzoni's has been around since the late 1800s. They ought to go global.

Back to the subject of organs.
Gizzards are a bit chewy for me, and I agree it is kind of weird to eat these things but I guess it is what you are raised around. I draw the line at a few things myself such as snails. The thought of them makes me gag.

sounds like time for a trip to Louisville...my mom used to make the worlds best chicken livers...then about 20 yrs ago she started cooking healthy....I'm not sure if she knows what hot oil is anymore

Back
Top Bottom