One of These Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm that's interesting, i heard that the original builder Richard Johnson has a patent on the ceramics and name Kamado,and he moved production back to the U.S. and some new new guy took over in indonesia and is making them illegally,and cheaply for a lot less $,actually you can haggle 50% off is what i hear. i know who i'm buying from when the time comes.
Look for those forum links,this is fun :grin:

Hey you pays your money and you takes your chances,me! i'm going with the one who's been making them for almost 50 years,-RJ@KAMADO.
The copies that are sold on ebay by desperate manufacturers i'll leave for someone else,though this time it's much more believable without his friends giving references. =D>
Portland cement?,,,right #-o

Cmon dude, i know you care. :grin:
Now help me pick out a tile!!!!!! :ghug:

Yeah the oval!And in the same auction you can buy hardwood flooring and a pretty sweater from the same guy!Now i'm cooking brisket in my Klose and this Guru has to go check if that thermometer is still sticking at exactly 215 degrees,i'm using my basket with charcoal,thick steel rules! :grin: =D> :(

Bryan S said:
Finney said:
I like the copy better than the original. (ducks for cover)
Especially the oval one.
So do i Chris, But if you think about it all them Big Green Egg users out there are using copies of the original. 8-[ Not that i give a flying F@#$. Just thought i'd throw that out there. :D :grin:

I had been thinking the same thing all along. The Primo(s) are the same also. Minion had been using Primo(s) for the past year for comps. He said they were beter than the BGE(s). Wonder if he's used one of these? Or looked them over good.

BBQmmm said:
Bryan S said:
Finney said:
I like the copy better than the original. (ducks for cover)
Especially the oval one.
So do i Chris, But if you think about it all them Big Green Egg users out there are using copies of the original. 8-[ Not that i give a flying F@#$. Just thought i'd throw that out there. :D :grin:

Here's a link,ask em- http://www.biggreenegg.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.shtml
Ask them what?

Hey... Let's go to Eggtoberfest.

You know,that "all the BGE users out there are using copies of the original" Gehed Gehed ask em :grin:

Now i'm thinking a cranberry tile,seems like it's an extra cost though,i believe a $100,so 649 + 100=? who can help me with the math on this? Maybe just go with a standard tile color.

Update:eek:n my K.
Don't think so,seems plenty of K customers are having problems with cracking,and the official answer is "i will ask Richard his procedure for taking care of "spalling" and to post some pictures of
"normal stress spalling"
Yup that lifetime warranty pretty much has you
the owner doing your own "SHPACKALING" on all the "spalling". =D>
I'll just have to get me some lump and use my basket all winter.

Well i'm talking about cracking, not just tiles falling off.
I thought i found one that doesn't crack at higher temperatures,guess every manufacturer of ceramics has crack and failure problems.

Hey Brian S your really startin to grate on me,i did not add that kamodokamado link there and say that is the original company of Johnsons. I believe the 3000 year old whatever is a BGE thing.Actually a rice maker.
For some reason you insist on getting these 2 companies wrong,i may know why.
This is the Johnson company- http://www.kamado.com/

Not that i'm buying one,too much ******** to wade thru.

Yup just went back and looked at my post with the link you quoted me with,and i know what your up to! [-X :)

Yeah go up to the 9:46 pm post that you quoted me with a link pal.I don't drink,and i don't try to confuse Guru pal. :)

Back
Top Bottom