One mans trash, another mans treasure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Check THIS out! Pretty cool......only problem I see is the exhaust may be a bit small, other than that I like it!

007bond-jb said:
Ahem! Hot water heater tanks are Glass lined inside.

There's always a skeptic............ :roll: If you take the time to look at the pictures you will see the insides of that particular water heater is steel, unless there's a new glass out there that can be welded? PAY ATTENTION BOY!!!

I don't know a thing about hot water heaters other than they cost alot to have replaced, but I do know that one was not glass lined when he was done with it! :shock:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="007bond-jb":24fpeb54]Ahem! Hot water heater tanks are Glass lined inside.

There's always a skeptic............ :roll: If you take the time to look at the pictures you will see the insides of that particular water heater is steel, unless there's a new glass out there that can be welded? PAY ATTENTION BOY!!!

I don't know a thing about hot water heaters other than they cost alot to have replaced, but I do know that one was not glass lined when he was done with it! :shock:[/quote:24fpeb54]

pretty sure that they are glass-lined, he must have removed the lining from the inner steel sleeve.....looks like maybe there was no camera around for that step in the process....

Rob

For civility sake, let's all assume that if there was a glass lining in there this guy, who seems to have skills, took the GLASS OUT... :roll:

Greg Rempe said:
For civility sake, let's all assume that if there was a glass lining in there this guy, who seems to have skills, took the GLASS OUT... :roll:

You use to be more fun until this Admin. thing went to your head. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Greg Rempe said:

That was my point goddamnit! :roll:

When a sawzall blades cuts into the tank, oxygen gets inside and the fiberglass goes poooooof and disappears. This adds to global warming and Aids. :roll:

Nick Prochilo said:
For a minute when I saw the title and the first picture, I thought Larry was getting a new wheelchair! :LOL:

Lol you're funny! I sent THIS to you for Christmas toehead!

Actually, water heaters weren't commonly lined with glass until the late 70's or so. This one looks a bit older than that. Chances are, it was never lined in the first place.

Looks like this guy has some skills none the less.

Tim

CarolinaQue said:
Actually, water heaters weren't commonly lined with glass until the late 70's or so. This one looks a bit older than that. Chances are, it was never lined in the first place.

Looks like this guy has some skills none the less.

Tim

Amen brother! He kinda makes the BDS people look dumb!! :LOL:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1gkelyao]For a minute when I saw the title and the first picture, I thought Larry was getting a new wheelchair! :LOL:

Lol you're funny! I sent THIS to you for Christmas toehead![/quote:1gkelyao]

Bastard!
4.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom