Omaha Steaks ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
Just curious, anyone ever take advantage of any coupons or special deals and actually try the Omaha Steaks. Would you recommend them or not, pro's or con's???

Thanks!!

I got some years ago...not worth imho. You can get prime beef in other places. Something about a rock hard frozen steak or burger that's hard to get excited about.

Captain Morgan said:
I got some years ago...not worth imho. You can get prime beef in other places. Something about a rock hard frozen steak or burger that's hard to get excited about.

You did know that you're suppose to thaw them prior to eating, right? :eek: :D

oompappy said:
Never had the steaks but the thick styro coolers they come in are great for transporting or mailing frozen food.

I use the one that I still have and drop a couple of butts into it wrapped in foil for the hold. Partialy melted the bottom of the darn thing!

That's because you forgot to put news paper in the bottom. #-o I get those coolers from the Doc office where the wife works. They work the nuts for drop offs. :!:

I usually buy all my meat at Sam's and Costco, this was brought to me by the wifey, here's what you get:

4(5oz) filet Mignons; 4(5oz) top sirloins; 4(4oz) boneless pork chops; 2stuffed sole w/crabmeat & scallops;; 8 gourmet franks(hot dogs); 4 steak burgers(4oz); 10 portions potato au gratin; 6 additional steak burgers; 4 steak knives; cutting board; for $59.99

She just wanted to know what I thought, so I figured I would ask the experts.

I got them free from the shipper that screwed up the shipment of my pit. Good thing they were free. But the burgers weren't bad, the steaks were a bunch of Yuck!

Larry Wolfe said:
I got them free from the shipper that screwed up the shipment of my pit. Good thing they were free. But the burgers weren't bad, the steaks were a bunch of Yuck!

You should have rubbed the steaks down with some Wolfe rub first! #-o

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2wjd1adm]I got them free from the shipper that screwed up the shipment of my pit. Good thing they were free. But the burgers weren't bad, the steaks were a bunch of Yuck!

You should have rubbed the steaks down with some Wolfe rub first! #-o[/quote:2wjd1adm]

Didn't want to waste my rub!

OK, I've never had Omaha Steaks. But last Saturday I went to work for the morning. On the way home I stopped at a meat market I frequent and asked for a couple of filets. The butcher said that they had some prime filets that were $4/lb more than the choice and asked if I wanted to try them. They were great. Melt in the mouth meat like you get in a primo steak house. Here's a pic before they hit the kettle. I used lump and was very pleased with the result.

Griff

Griff said:
OK, I've never had Omaha Steaks. But last Saturday I went to work for the morning. On the way home I stopped at a meat market I frequent and asked for a couple of filets. The butcher said that they had some prime filets that were $4/lb more than the choice and asked if I wanted to try them. They were great. Melt in the mouth meat like you get in a primo steak house. Here's a pic before they hit the kettle. I used lump and was very pleased with the result.

Griff

Griff, those look so good I don't think I'd cook them. I'd have to chop them up and enjoy a little steak tartare.

Back
Top Bottom