Old Metal Fishing Rod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I was given an old metal fishing rod when I was a kid that is approximately 5" long with a wooden handle. There is no brand on it, nothing that tells me what it is or who made it. It looks very old, but is in extremely good condition. I will post pictures when I get home, but does anyone know anything about these? I would consider it a boat rod.

When you get pics up, I'll bet my dad could tell you. He has the basement full of rods and reels. Along with a dozen sets of golf clubs. :LOL: I have a old rod of steel, but it has cork as a handle.
I still use the old Zep 202. Keeps on catching fish since I was 8 years old. About time you took your daughter fishing. you won't forget it, and she wont ether. :D Sapo might know.

Pigs

Man, I lucked out last year and got a $300 G-loomis medium-heavy graphite rod from my uncle as a wedding present...then had to go buy the new shimano reel for it...all of this less than a month after I bought an Abu to go on my new falcon rod...

and now I dont have a chance to fish much cause I moved.... /sigh

Larry Wolfe said:
I was given an old metal fishing rod when I was a kid that is approximately 5" long with a wooden handle. There is no brand on it, nothing that tells me what it is or who made it. It looks very old, but is in extremely good condition. I will post pictures when I get home, but does anyone know anything about these? I would consider it a boat rod.
Well if you got it as a kid it's gotta be REAL old!

Back
Top Bottom