old dogs--split from In Memorial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey_Joe

Head Chef
What is the oldest dog everyone here has had?...and what kind was it?

I have been told that mutts live longer then pure breds...

I currently have a Chocolate Lab..."Ozzie"..that is going on 8

When I was younger my family had a down right MUTT.... long haired, Spaniel,Collie,Lab???? type mix that lived 23 years 1 month and a few days..."Beauty".... I still remember the cold ass day in February when she died.... I think my brother and my tears melted the frost in the ground as we dug the hole to bury her. She even got her own granite headstone...as she very much deserved.

The really cool thing about pets....... just about 100% of the memories are GOOD ones...

our first border collie made it to almost 16 and my doberman almost that long as well. tough to get over em when youve had them that long, all 3 borders my brother and I have have the original dogs name somewhere in theres. I guess its our own tribute .

Well like my Daddy always say...Don't get too attached to em..you probably gonna out live em. I think thats purty good advice. Not that we cant love em of course..just aint a good idear to try to turn one into a kid. Which is the custom of some yups which biological clocks has plumb ticked out. Then when it goes to dawg heaven it like losing your child. There is too many surrogate chillins in the world. I mean they should make all them old blue hairs adopt an african orphan child or something like that. Maybe go buy one like Madonna did if they got the cash..which most of em do..cept I dont think hers was even an orphan. Just trying to think about all the angles here.

bigwheel

it amazing to watch our neighbors cringe up here when we treat our dog like a dog. she's not allowed in the house, she goes out rain or shine, sleeps in the garage at night. she'll heard anything....cattle, kids...the ups man. I watched all 30 lbs of her corner 5 construction workers at our last house, they were scared to death. apparently I forgot to tell her it was ok. but when they're that loyal to you....you tend to reciprocate

Fox Terrier 13years
Dobe #1 10
Mutt 11
Dobe #2 8
Dobe #3 2 1/2...lost to cancer

My parents just put down their cat that was ay aleast 23 years old and outlived all the last three dogs and then some.

Bob was a 15 year old nefy/lab mix we lost this past summer..he was an awesome pup...He was a pound dog that we got as a puppy...

Sam was our 13 year ol Sheltie we got as a gift (pure with papers) passed in'94

We've had Jake, our "rat dog", for over 10..he is an adopted mutt...He's our alarm system and protector

Wyatt will be 2 this year and if he dosent stop growing he's going to eat me out of my house..Rotty lab mix..120lbs of muscle and puppy...He's Jakes backup...

Max, the salt and pepper schnauzer is 13. Sam is the black one and he is about 10. Max has a heart failure and probably won't make it another year. They are just lap dogs but both are older than our oldest child.

They don't get blamed for anything. ;)

Maxine, 10 years. Female Black Lab that taught my children what unconditional love and devotion is.

Name: Simba
Origin: All Cappy got from the divorce other than the bills.
Breed: Product of a Neighborhood Indiscretion
Characteristics: Does Not Like Cats. Does Not Like Baths. Known to
Snore. Will Pout at the Drop of a Hat. Eats All
Beef Hot Dogs (prefers Nathans).
Sayings: "Is that a cat!?" "Is that a hot dog?" "Is that a bath? :shock: "
"Your friend Larry sure is fat." "Larry has a big head."
"Is that a cat!?" "I didn't fart, ..why, you....I oughta.."
"Your leg is looking good tonight...baby." "Dogs should be
allowed at cook-offs." "I'm pretty sure there's a cat out
there."

speedtrap said:
I had a Basset Hound that lived 19 years which is pretty much unheard of. Dogs like that are lucky if they go 12.

Also I currently have a Weimaraner that’s 1 and he will be lucky if he hits 2 if he doesn’t stop barking right now!!!!! [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif]

An old neighbor of mine had one of those. I was working nights and his dog would bark outside my window all day. Took a few shots in the rear end with a BB gun to move him to the other side of his house. STILL barked, just not under my window. Thank God they moved.

Our Sheltie was 13 years old, died in my arms. She had lung cancer. We still miss Goldie, awesome dog.

Gator

Dog?

My little Shitzu was 19. Had to put her down about 4 months ago.
I JUST got me another doggy (Cocker/Poodle mix) and she is 14 weeks old.
Man, oh man, I forgot how much work a baby dog is. She is on my lap right now sleeping. Hard to get close to the keyboard, but so far she loves me and she will probably be a good dog.
Smoke On!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom