ok, it's on! My first comp is this weekend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
What have I done?

:eek:

I've been eyeing this event for a year....Smoke on the Beach right here in Myrtle Beach. It's non-sanctioned, and I only have to cook pork.
I get to choose between whole hog or butt, and I chose butt. So for my first comp, I get to concentrate on one entry.

I'm going to use the WSM, and take the big gas hog cooker along just to use as a cambro if needed, and to look more professional! :)

Currently thinking about the Anything Butt category..may enter that as well.

I was lmao at Bill the Grill Guy 2 years ago when he entered his first comp....he posted everywhere on the net in panic mode.

Now I know how he feels.

(dreaming....scan competitors....it's Ludichris Team 1, Ludichris Team 2....)

Too bad you can't enter both the whole hog and butt ~ I'd love to see some pics of that!
:(

well since Finney screwed me, I'm lucky just to have to cook one entry!

I'd like to try whole hog, but I can't handle that alone. Plus I think my best q is made in my WSM, not my modified gasser. :)

Capt., I'd love to come down and help you out but we're having a big B-day party for my mother-in-law Saturday night. My wife would divorce me for sure if I missed it....on second thought, what time are you starting?

Rev.Jr. said:
Capt., I'd love to come down and help you out but we're having a big B-day party for my mother-in-law Saturday night. My wife would divorce me for sure if I missed it....on second thought, what time are you starting?

excuses, excuses......I have no idea...haven't got the packet yet.

Turn in is at 10 am I think, so I'll be starting early Friday afternoon.

Wish they weren't providing the meat...I'd like to do three different butts at different intervals....

Captain Morgan said:

I'd like to try whole hog, but I can't handle that alone. Plus I think my best q is made in my WSM, not my modified gasser. :)

And your willing to admit to that in print? Settle down son, what's the absolute worst thing that could happen? Your food sucks and you get a bad score! Big freaking deal aye? Have a blast! Woody

Capt. you will do great! Just remeber, it's just another cook. The more you try to think it, the harder it becomes. Just do it like you always do it and it will be great! Have fun and don't forget to take pics! =D>

Good luck Cap.[-o< Remember that the most important part is to have fun and meat some new friends.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Oh yeah, winning is cool too. :(

Captain Morgan said:

At least I cuddled after. 8-[

Man, give a Q-brother a little more notice next time. I'm a busy boy, "with schedules, deadlines, a wife, etc". :-(

Chris Finney said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":wheooqcv]well since Finney screwed me, I'm lucky just to have to cook one entry!

Man, give a Q-brother a little more notice next time. I'm a busy boy, "with schedules, deadlines, a wife, etc". :-([/quote:wheooqcv]

Quit your job and get a divorce! Then you will have time for comps with Cappy!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Chris Finney":3jrp4fks][quote="Captain Morgan":3jrp4fks]well since Finney screwed me, I'm lucky just to have to cook one entry!

Man, give a Q-brother a little more notice next time. I'm a busy boy, "with schedules, deadlines, a wife, etc". :-([/quote:3jrp4fks]

Quit your job and get a divorce! Then you will have time for comps with Cappy![/quote:3jrp4fks]

Only if he wins this one. :)

Captain Morgan said:
You need more than 2 days notice? :)

Damn Cappy if I'd known you needed help I would've come down to lend you a hand and share a few cold ones with you! I haven't been to MB in years.

And Larry, I 've been thinking.....perhaps we could get a big group of us to meet here in Myrtle for a weekend or something....everyone loves a vacation in Myrtle....wide sandy beaches, tens of thousands of hotel rooms, I was thinking we could gather as many of us as possible and have a big cookout, similar to Smockstock. Everyone could bring the families, etc. I can get us a location....keep it mind.

Captain Morgan said:
And Larry, I 've been thinking.....perhaps we could get a big group of us to meet here in Myrtle for a weekend or something....everyone loves a vacation in Myrtle....wide sandy beaches, tens of thousands of hotel rooms, I was thinking we could gather as many of us as possible and have a big cookout, similar to Smockstock. Everyone could bring the families, etc. I can get us a location....keep it mind.

Sounds like a plan Cappy!

Sounds good Captain, I've been to Myrtle Beach twice, if you twist my arm hard enough I could be talked into a third time. :suns:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom