ok, it's on! My first comp is this weekend!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and...

the forecast for Friday night and Saturday morning...

rain...lightening...wind.

I'm gonna be huddled under my EZ up hanging on for dear life!

Maybe the rain will adversely affect some of the folks with bigger rigs!

Good luck Capt. I remember very well how nervous I was before my first event. I still get nervous. If your pork is as good as your ribs, you got this one in the basket.

I'll be taking pics...not much else to do while the meat is slowly smoking..

Well, there is beer drinking........Griff (still don't have quote thing down)

jminion said:
What's your plan? Injecting? Vinegar sauce?

Jim

yeah, I'm gonna inject with a mix of vin and apple juice. I'll use my own rub. Talked a couple of folks who were in it last year, and almost everyone used a vinegar sauce (the mustard sauce is more prevalent around Columbia.)

However, this contest is now using certified judges, so it'll be folks from all over the region who are very experienced in different styles.

I know a lot of people add pineapple juice in their injection, but it concerns me that it may flavor the pork more towards a Pacific type pork, or Hawaii style. I'm shooting for authentic eastern Carolina style.

Probably most important is to just do my normal thing so I can figure out where I stand before I start changing things. :D

I think...not sure....the guy just told they were certified...Jack can tell you.
He's judging.

What do you think about the pineapple Raine?

Captain Morgan said:
yep, I'll just my normal thang and see how it goes. 35 to 40 teams this year, so I hope I can beat one of them.

You'll do fine, good luck Cappy! And like Bill said, have fun!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom