Oilfield chili cookoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knine

Sous Chef
This is our 9th year in a row ....well they did not have one last year . We have took 2nd and a top 10 finish in them years . Its all for a good cause around this area . Man talk about a good time each team must cook at least 40lbs off chili or if ya have two boths it must be 80lbs . I think this year they have 120 teams in this and thats down about 20 or so teams .
I have pics from the later years i will put up and after this weekend should have some more to add .

http://www.oilfieldchili.com/

wish us luck and good drinking skills .

ScottyDaQ said:
Looks like a great time. Good luck !

CHILI SHALL NOT BE SERVED FROM A TOILET BOWL OR SIMILAR DEVICE
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ya some years ago a team served their chili from a toilet bowl . LOL .
looked pretty bad too .

will take pics too

its at the Belle Chasse,La air base in a C-130 air craft hanger pretty big hanger if ya think about it .

Whew...went and read the rules about getting on the base etc...and they gonna allow you to cook a full 40 lbs or chili? If I had choice of either being gut shot or cooking at the event...might have to think it over for a while which to choose:) Best of fortunes to ya. Hope yall are raising some money for the United Negro College Fund. As Dan Quayle said one time.."It's a terrible thing to lose one's mind."

bigwheel

120 teams, 40 lb minimum, it's hard for me to visualize that much chili all in one place. It must draw a really big bunch of eaters.

Good luck!

--John

knine said:
This is our 9th year in a row ....well they did not have one last year . We have took 2nd and a top 10 finish in them years . Its all for a good cause around this area . Man talk about a good time each team must cook at least 40lbs off chili or if ya have two boths it must be 80lbs . I think this year they have 120 teams in this and thats down about 20 or so teams .
I have pics from the later years i will put up and after this weekend should have some more to add .

I was coming to New Orleans Saturday and check it out but something came up today and can't get down there until Sunday. :( Looks like it's going to be a good time.

surfinsapo said:
Killer pics... Honey, can you get my glasses...

LOL, Sapo can't help that you are getting old and going blind . seems every one else dont have a prob . must be that fish you eat out of the Gulf .

Tannehill Kid said:
knine said:

I was coming to New Orleans Saturday and check it out but something came up today and can't get down there until Sunday. :( Looks like it's going to be a good time.

sorry to hear that Tan but it might be for the best looks like we will get sum rain %$^# that makes me mad . but o'well more chili and beer for me .

We did not win anything but had a hell off a time . here sum pic from the event not in any order , i tried that but it did not work . the first pics are the japloeos eatting event and i note a Woman was the winner .

enjoy.

knine said:
surfinsapo said:
Killer pics... Honey, can you get my glasses...

LOL, Sapo can't help that you are getting old and going blind . seems every one else dont have a prob . must be that fish you eat out of the Gulf .

I warned him too :LOL:

Cool festival Knine... I'm going to be bothering you a lot this summer.. The next Fishing Tournament is going to have Cajun food as the theme....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom