Official BBQ Central Sauce Contest Rules

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
2007 BBQ Central Barbecue Sauce Contest Rules.

1. Sauce can be any type of barbecue style, and will be judged equally with no restrictions or categories taken into consideration. Sauce will be tasted alone, not served on meat.

2. Sauce (1/2 pint to 1 pint) will be sent to Captain Morgan in a bottle with no labels or markings. (Captain Morgan will assign each bottle a number and send them to the judge.) Glass or plastic is fine. Your entry/entries MUST BE received no later than 30 May 2007.

3. Captain Morgan will ship all of the entries to the judges no later than 31 May 2007. The judging will take place on or about the 2nd or 3rd of June. The Head Judge will return the top 10 numbers to Jim who will post the results and notify the winners by email and on BBQ Central.

4. The top 3 winners will receive prizes, perhaps the top 5 depending on many more prizes we can collect.

5. An individual can enter more than one sauce, as long as an entry fee of $20 has been received for each sauce. (if you enter 2 sauces, send 40 bucks)

6. Sauce will be judged on FLAVOR alone. Much thought was put into other considerations, like texture, packaging, versatility...however, it was decided flavor alone will be the sole criteria. Future contests may include other categories of sauce.

7. Unused sauce and containers will not be returned after the contest.

8. Liability for each sauce lies with the sauce maker. When entering into this contest and upon paying your entry fee you release Jim “Captainâ€

Do you have a moral reason not to?
You don't have to have a paypal account for this....
you can enter your check number or a credit card.

Pigs check your PM.

I would prefer the PayPal route, but if anyone else has issues with using PayPal please send me an e-mail to wolferub@gmail.com and I will give you my address.

I had an account with Neteller with a fairly large amount of my mad $ that has been frozen by my government. That is the reason I cant use the net for money anymore. My wife is kind of pissed at me about that and all I did was win money betting on football. I know that paypal isnt netteller but you can explain that to her if you want. I tried.

Finney said:
How much sauce do you have to send? A cup? A pint? A gallon?
If it's going to find it's way to the garbage, I'd rather send as little as possible.
Tasted on it's own, you would thing a cup would be plenty. But let me know.

Thank you... that was my question.

I'm thinking of a small 1 or 2 oz jelly jar.

I mean the Judge will only sample at the most.... 5 times.

Finney said:
How much sauce do you have to send? A cup? A pint? A gallon?
If it's going to find it's way to the garbage, I'd rather send as little as possible.
Tasted on it's own, you would thing a cup would be plenty. But let me know.

I have edited the rules. I figure a cup would be sufficient, but I figure a half pint to a pint would suffice.

D.Harris said:
Half pint jar, well wrapped, and sent along with a twenty dollar check to Captain Morgan. Easy enough. Now to stick my foot in my mouth. Who do you make the check out to? I'm sure everyone on this thread would like a twenty dollar check, but eventually they would start bouncing.

D. I sent you a PM with my address.

If anyone wants or needs to mail a check make them out and mail them to me. Please put Sauce Contest in the Note portion. Please PM or e-mail me at wolferub@gmail.com so I can keep count how many people are entering and what checks to expect. Thanks!!

Larry Wolfe
6759 Willowbrook Drive
Bealeton, Virginia 22712

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom