Official BBQ Central Sauce Contest Rules

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 30 of May? Alright then. I'm in, but not until I get back from Sevierville, so I will send 2 rolls of quarters when I get back. OK Larry?

Or a check.

DaleP said:
The 30 of May? Alright then. I'm in, but not until I get back from Sevierville, so I will send 2 rolls of quarters when I get back. OK Larry?

Or a check.

Two rolls of quarter works for me if you wanna pay the difference in shipping the quarters vs. the check! LOL

If you do the check please make it out to Larry Wolfe and mail it to the address below.

6759 Willowbrook Drive
Bealeton, Virginia 22712

Anyone that is mailing a check please let me know via PM or e-mail @ wolferub@gmail.com so I can keep a tally of entries. Thanks!!

You guys are starting to worry me...........we ony have a handful of entries so far compared to the 34 that voted in the poll!! I know there's plenty of time left to enter, but don't wait till the last minute!!! :D

Thanks to everyone who have paid their entry fee already this morning!!! We're getting to where we want to be, so keep the entry fee's coming!

One thing I need to add to the rules is.....You entry fee must be received by the 30 May deadline for the sauce turn in as well. Since the USPS is not always on time, if you are mailing a check make sure you get it in the mail with plenty of time. I don't want to see someone with a great sauce not get credit for such because of the Postal System.

I don't mind taking check or money orders, but PayPal is istantaneous and you DO NOT have to have a PayPal Account to pay on www.wolferub.com . All credit cards and E Checks are accepted. I can also send you an invoice for the entry fee so you don't have to use PayPal. You just pay the invoice with a Credit Card online, no fuss no muss. If anyone is interested in that route, let me know.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Never mind. I just did the paypal thing. :x
Best of luck to all that enter! :D

Wow that was a surprise! I received your payment Chris, no problems!! Thank you!

The entries are rolling in now!!! Hurry up guys and girls!!

WOW GUYS 7 MORE entries entered already this morning!!!

I've had several people tell me they don't make their own sauces from scratch................YOU DON'T HAVE TO make your own sauce for this contest. Buy a bottle of your favorite sauce and put it in a Mason Jar if you want to! Or tweak store bought sauce with your own special ingredients! Or make your sauce from scratch, it's up to you!! This is a really good opportunity at the chance to get a really nice Primo Grill for $20.

Click HERE to enter today!!

Larry Wolfe said:

I've had several people tell me they don't make their own sauces from scratch................YOU DON'T HAVE TO make your own sauce for this contest. Buy a bottle of your favorite sauce and put it in a Mason Jar if you want to! Or tweak store bought sauce with your own special ingredients! Or make your sauce from scratch, it's up to you!! This is a really good opportunity at the chance to get a really nice Primo Grill for $20.

That's just wrong. :?

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:

It's not wrong, it's up to the individuals as to what they want to enter.

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2gksnxjc]WOW GUYS 7 MORE entries entered already this morning!!!

It's not wrong, it's up to the individuals as to what they want to enter.[/quote:2gksnxjc]

It may not be against the rules..... But it is WRONG!!!! :?

[smilie=bump.gif]

2007 BBQ Central Barbecue Sauce Contest Rules.

1. Sauce can be any type of barbecue style, and will be judged equally with no restrictions or categories taken into consideration. Sauce will be tasted alone, not served on meat.

2. Sauce (1/2 pint to 1 pint) will be sent to Captain Morgan in a bottle with no labels or markings. (Captain Morgan will assign each bottle a number and send them to the judge.) Glass or plastic is fine. Your entry/entries MUST BE received no later than 30 May 2007.

3. Captain Morgan will ship all of the entries to the judges no later than 31 May 2007. The judging will take place on or about the 2nd or 3rd of June. The Head Judge will return the top 10 numbers to Jim who will post the results and notify the winners by email and on BBQ Central.

4. The top 3 winners will receive prizes, perhaps the top 5 depending on many more prizes we can collect.

5. An individual can enter more than one sauce, as long as an entry fee of $20 has been received for each sauce. (if you enter 2 sauces, send 40 bucks)

6. Sauce will be judged on FLAVOR alone. Much thought was put into other considerations, like texture, packaging, versatility...however, it was decided flavor alone will be the sole criteria. Future contests may include other categories of sauce.

7. Unused sauce and containers will not be returned after the contest.

8. Liability for each sauce lies with the sauce maker. When entering into this contest and upon paying your entry fee you release Jim “Captainâ€

I don't think commercial sauces should be allowed to be re-packaged and sent as part of this contest. Just my 2 cents,

Al

Uncle Al said:
I don't think commercial sauces should be allowed to be re-packaged and sent as part of this contest. Just my 2 cents,

Al

How would anyone be able to tell?? That's just a tough rule we couldn't enforce if we wanted to. We just gotta go with the honor system!

Back
Top Bottom