Off topic turkey fryer whathavenot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have been called a lot names by a lot of cyber goofballs over the years..but I aint never been labled as unhelpful. To paraphrase my old neighbor down at Graham..You two are sillier than a tree full of assholes.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I have been called a lot names by a lot of cyber goofballs over the years..but I aint never been labled as unhelpful. To paraphrase my old neighbor down at Graham..You two are sillier than a tree full of assholes.

bigwheel

Well congratulations Bigwheel, you have been labled unhelpful and many other things in my book but I already mentioned them and I'm not going to waste my time repeating what I said because I think by now everyone knows how I feel about your contribution to this board.

I'm done with you so you can have the last word. Hopefully down the road we can come to an agreement on something but I seriously doubt it.

Have a great Thanksgiving with your family and smoked picnic.

Be sure to check a future post of mine, sometime after thanksgiving with pictures of the fried turkey I did for my family at Thanksgiving. I will tell them to make sure they have their sad faces on just for you because I'm sure they would want you to know that they were missin out on a smoked picnic and eating such an awful 'yardbird'

Like I've posted before (but it keeps getting deleted) I think you have a lot of info that folks would be interested in but your delivery SUCKS! Haven't you wondered why you've been banned from so many other boards? Why should we all feel like you are trying to "zing" us with every post you make? I've never recieved a warning about any of my posts until you showed up, and I get blamed. You really make me wonder if you only have a second grade education. This post will probably get deleted when the moderaters get here but what's one more?

Well..now I will take responsibility for the zings..cuz zinging and getting zinged back is fun for me. I would say its a Texas thang..but it aint..cuz I know some yankees who are good at it too. In my neck of the woods we call it..leg pushing and eye gouging..or to put it susiccintly enough for the KC flash..its called teasing. I have gathered you and KC are little titty babies who cant take no teasing..so if I can remember I will quit teasing you two. How bout that pardner? I dont not like to piss off sour puss old turd heads if I can help it.

bigwheel

Again you bypass the post. Their aren't too many here who joke and tease more than me, but there are many times I will answer posts with hopefully helpfull info. I just don't see that coming from you and from what I heard you are knowledgeable in all aspects of bbq. So you can go about doing business as usuall, if the powers to be don't think it's a problem than neither should I. But then, how come I keep getting so many PM's from so many different people who feel like I do?

Well the only trouble with your logic is..it flees in the face of the facts. Just as a recent example I gave that KC boy every shred of honest information I had at my disposal and I gave it immediately. I first tried to talk him out of the silly notion of trying to fry a turkey..and when he seemed bound and determined to do it anyway I began trying to help him do it. But alas..poor KC has a personality bent I see quite frequently in the ranks of them who likes to cook which is..he was not looking for "information" he was looking for "confirmation" of his abilties..or in his particular case since apparently he aint never done it before..he was looking for confirmation of the accuracy of his underlying theories about how to do it...whut one of his pals tole him etc. Its a function of ego..and KC apparently got a whopper. It is hard to provide information to them who already know it all..and I aint good at confirming stuff I do not personally believe. You can surely see the areas in which differences of opinyawn might could arise in such scenarios?

bigwheel

Just got to belly upto the bar and give my 2 Kroner's worth.

I ain't taking sides but it was posted by someone that Big Wheel never has posted a good advise or recomendations or something to effect.

I don't see it that way. Big Wheels recipee for hotlinks are the best hotlinks I've ever made.

Posted just to make the record straight.

[smilie=threadjacked.gif] [smilie=18_13_1.gif] [smilie=pope.gif]

DATsBBQ said:
Just got to belly upto the bar and give my 2 Kroner's worth.

I ain't taking sides but it was posted by someone that Big Wheel never has posted a good advise or recomendations or something to effect.

I must disagree. His hotlink recipee that he posted are the best hotlinks I've ever made.

Posted just to make the record straight.

[smilie=threadjacked.gif] [smilie=18_13_1.gif] [smilie=pope.gif]

It's like I said, I heard that he is very knowledgable about bbq.

:shock:
[smilie=a_hrm.gif]
I just recieved a Bed Bath & Beyond flyer in the mail.
They now have a turkey fryer you can use indoors.
I don't have a link, but I'm sure you can hit it on their website. Kind of pricey, but high tech.

Puff biting lip ;)

Ahhh man..I headed over to get one. Thanks. I hope they got a credit plan.

bigwheel

Puff said:
[smilie=a_hrm.gif]
I don't have a link, but I'm sure you can hit it on their website. Kind of pricey, but high tech.

Puff biting lip ;)

I can't find it on their website. If anybody does, please post the link.

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[smilie=a_hrm.gif]

Puff biting lip ;)

I can't find it on their website. If anybody does, please post the link.
It's made by Masterbuilt if that helps. I can't find it either.

Every one should take a walk. Some long, some short, some on the mountain, some a short pier. :D :shock: :roll: :arrow: :shock: :D

bigwheel said:
Well the only trouble with your logic is..it flees in the face of the facts. Just as a recent example I gave that KC boy every shred of honest information I had at my disposal and I gave it immediately. I first tried to talk him out of the silly notion of trying to fry a turkey..and when he seemed bound and determined to do it anyway I began trying to help him do it. But alas..poor KC has a personality bent I see quite frequently in the ranks of them who likes to cook which is..he was not looking for "information" he was looking for "confirmation" of his abilties..or in his particular case since apparently he aint never done it before..he was looking for confirmation of the accuracy of his underlying theories about how to do it...whut one of his pals tole him etc. Its a function of ego..and KC apparently got a whopper. It is hard to provide information to them who already know it all..and I aint good at confirming stuff I do not personally believe. You can surely see the areas in which differences of opinyawn might could arise in such scenarios?

bigwheel

You know, I wanted to give you the last word bigwheel, but you seem to be great at twisting your words around, so let me go over what you are trying to say

#1) You tried to talk me out of frying a turkey, ok, there is get a clue #1, I wasn't looking for someone to stop me from frying a turkey. Just cause you 'fellers' in texas have a problem with 'yard birds' and don't know how to cook them, that should have given you the first instance to NOT give your 'dos centivos'. In english that means you should have just kept your opinions to yourself.

#2) Yeah, I was 'bound and determined' to do it otherwise I WOULDN'T HAVE BOTHERED STARTING THE POST

#3) Your correct, I was looking NOT ONLY for information but CONFIRMATION in my ability to FRY A TURKEY. Unlike you, I don't live in a trailor park and I actually would care if my house burnt down.

#4) I never claimed I 'know it all' otherwise why would I bother asking the assitance of the people of this board for advice and help.

#5) Once again, if you don't believe in something and cannot confirm it, DON'T GIVE YOUR OPINION AND USELESS DRIVEL. You talk nonsense and you give NOTHING to this board.

#6) "opinyawn"? Sounds like your from Nawleans, I didn't know people from 'Tejas' talked like that.

Once again bigwheel you really know how to make an a$$ out of yourself. I never had a problem with you or your useless comments in the past until you contributed NOTHING to my post, then you made it personal. In the future, if you have no experience in something posted why don't you just not say anything else at all. Save everyone here the trouble.

Oh, by the way, I did pick up a 35qt turkey fryer this evening. I would like to extend an 'invatachawn' to you and the warden for some good 'ol kansas fried turkey for thanksgivin....yee haaaawwwww

Hopefully you will eventually learn the valuable lesson which you seem to have missed in childhood which is...The only action which is truly under your control is your own. Translated in this particular scenario it means instead of fretting..biotching and starting a major brewhaha over whut I have to say..it would prove much more productive and less stressful for you to simply not read my posts. Simple huh? Give it a try sometime.

bigwheel

[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ] You know, I wanted to give you the last word bigwheel, but you seem to be great at twisting your words around, so let me go over what you are trying to say

#1) You tried to talk me out of frying a turkey, ok, there is get a clue #1, I wasn't looking for someone to stop me from frying a turkey. Just cause you 'fellers' in texas have a problem with 'yard birds' and don't know how to cook them, that should have given you the first instance to NOT give your 'dos centivos'. In english that means you should have just kept your opinions to yourself.

#2) Yeah, I was 'bound and determined' to do it otherwise I WOULDN'T HAVE BOTHERED STARTING THE POST

#3) Your correct, I was looking NOT ONLY for information but CONFIRMATION in my ability to FRY A TURKEY. Unlike you, I don't live in a trailor park and I actually would care if my house burnt down.

#4) I never claimed I 'know it all' otherwise why would I bother asking the assitance of the people of this board for advice and help.

#5) Once again, if you don't believe in something and cannot confirm it, DON'T GIVE YOUR OPINION AND USELESS DRIVEL. You talk nonsense and you give NOTHING to this board.

#6) "opinyawn"? Sounds like your from Nawleans, I didn't know people from 'Tejas' talked like that.

Once again bigwheel you really know how to make an a$$ out of yourself. I never had a problem with you or your useless comments in the past until you contributed NOTHING to my post, then you made it personal. In the future, if you have no experience in something posted why don't you just not say anything else at all. Save everyone here the trouble.

Oh, by the way, I did pick up a 35qt turkey fryer this evening. I would like to extend an 'invatachawn' to you and the warden for some good 'ol kansas fried turkey for thanksgivin....yee haaaawwwww[/quote]

bigwheel said:
Hopefully you will eventually learn the valuable lesson which you seem to have missed in childhood which is...The only action which is truly under your control is your own. Translated in this particular scenario it means instead of fretting..biotching and starting a major brewhaha over whut I have to say..it would prove much more productive and less stressful for you to simply not read my posts. Simple huh? Give it a try sometime.

bigwheel

Trust me bigwheel, I don't read your senseless babble and WORTHLESS information but unfortunately you had to reply to MY POST so I had no choice.

Keep goin bigwheel, I can go around and around with you. You say one thing then change your mind and say another.

Keep your eye's peeled for another post with the big turkey fryer reveal, you won't want to miss it, and while you're at it, tell your wife you call the 'warden' to make sure she keeps her eyes peeled too, she might think twice about eatin a smoked picnic on thanksgiving.

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

This problem would have never occurred if had you attempted to answer the original question, which was (see below)

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
Lookin to purchase a Turkey Fryer this year. Anyone have suggestions on the purchase? I am planning on using it ONLY for Turkey Frying once, maybe twice a year. Do I get a cheapie one, expensive one? Thanks

From reading this post, MFB never once asked the pro's and con's of frying a turkey or asked that someone try to persuade him not to fry one or to cook something other than a turkey for Thanksgiving. Had he done so, your rampant negative garbled replies would have been justified.

Bottomline from my point of view is this, which is something I learned in childhood too and maybe you didn't. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". I'm 100% that you have alot of knowledge you "could" add to this forum and it is very much welcomed. But for some reason, it seems you choose not to add anything to your replies but negativity. Let's forget about the Geographical thing too, what difference does it make if you're from Texas or Maine? Rebel or a Yankee? We all have two things in common, we love BBQ and we're all proud English speaking Americans.

Let's all be friends and talk about cooking food and other fun stuff.

[smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom