Off-Topic Sasuage... - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

Well it do look nice. Sorry it did not turn out as good as anticipated..but sure tips you the hat for trying it out so we could all learn a lesson or two on the intricacies of the operation based on the scienfifical model of experimentation. Suspect you aint never had no real Andouille...which could be adding to the woes..and unless you make it yourself you aint likely to find none. Works real similar to bbq..beer..mashed tates etc. Was gonna include sausage in that category but since we already speaking of sausage didnt seem to make no sense

bigwheel

Old 01-07-2007, 09:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Well it do look nice. Sorry it did not turn out as good as anticipated..but sure tips you the hat for trying it out so we could all learn a lesson or two on the intricacies of the operation based on the scienfifical model of experimentation. Suspect you aint never had no real Andouille...which could be adding to the woes..and unless you make it yourself you aint likely to find none. Works real similar to bbq..beer..mashed tates etc. Was gonna include sausage in that category but since we already speaking of sausage didnt seem to make no sense

bigwheel
Why do people think that just because a particular region of the country came up with a recipe that other regions cant get the same. Virginia has a high concentration of Mexican culture here. There are a lot of authentic Mexican stores all over. I get fresh chorizo all the time that is the same as sold in New Mexico, Texas and Mexico. Now I am not arguing that homemade may have a different flavor than FOOD KITTY stuff, but I don’t remember reading in Gary's post where he got the Anduille. So why is it that you feel that what we get anywhere other than Texas isn’t the real deal?

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3674/platezi0.png
Old 01-07-2007, 09:55 AM   #3

Old 01-07-2007, 02:07 PM   #4

Sigh....
Old 01-07-2007, 02:35 PM   #5
Wizard of Que

Sitting in the front row BTTG vs BW. Kind of like watching a car wreck, nothing good can come of it but it is fun [smilie=a_holycrap.gif] [smilie=new_argue.gif] [smilie=poke.gif] [smilie=pirate.gif] [smilie=dancing_cow.gif]
Old 01-07-2007, 05:18 PM   #6

Well I knew the Andouille wasnt worth a flip cuz he didn't mention it being ho made...and using Chef Folse's recipe as a base so that part was a dead giveaway. As far as Mexican Chroizo...it triggers my puke reflexes real quick and being an old S. Texas boy I have sampled way more than enough of the stuff to know I dont like it. Doubt I like it if we was assured the recipe come from Pancho Villa himself. I much rather have Owen's or Jimmy Dean with my blancillos..papas and flour taurpolians. Now maybe Santa Anna had a good version..I aint sure about that. Sides everybody know cops is much more astute than slab savers. Thats how I figgered out all this stuff. It's elementary my dear Watson..elementary

bigwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill The Grill Guy
Quote:

bigwheel
Why do people think that just because a particular region of the country came up with a recipe that other regions cant get the same. Virginia has a high concentration of Mexican culture here. There are a lot of authentic Mexican stores all over. I get fresh chorizo all the time that is the same as sold in New Mexico, Texas and Mexico. Now I am not arguing that homemade may have a different flavor than FOOD KITTY stuff, but I don’t remember reading in Gary's post where he got the Anduille. So why is it that you feel that what we get anywhere other than Texas isn’t the real deal?
Old 01-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Well I knew the Andouille wasnt worth a flip cuz he didn't mention it being ho made...and using Chef Folse's recipe as a base so that part was a dead giveaway. As far as Mexican Chroizo...it triggers my puke reflexes real quick and being an old S. Texas boy I have sampled way more than enough of the stuff to know I dont like it. Doubt I like it if we was assured the recipe come from Pancho Villa himself. I much rather have Owen's or Jimmy Dean with my blancillos..papas and flour taurpolians. Now maybe Santa Anna had a good version..I aint sure about that. Sides everybody know cops is much more astute than slab savers. Thats how I figgered out all this stuff. It's elementary my dear Watson..elementary

bigwheel

Ya know BW, I have sat quietly by and watched you tear apart members on this forum. You are an over bearing, big headed Texan who thinks that the only good flavors and food comes from the big horn state. I have met a lot of Texans over my 42 years of cooking and thank God I have because with your attitude I may have mistakenly drawn the conclusion that everyone from Texas is like you. Hell, I had to re-read your post twice just to figure out what the f^&k you said. Besides being an arrogant SOB, do you offer anything to this forum? So far I have seen you degrade almost every post and member you respond to. (“If’in it aint from the mother land of Texas, it aint worth putting over a hot coal

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3674/platezi0.png
Old 01-07-2007, 05:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill The Grill Guy
Quote:

bigwheel

Ya know BW, I have sat quietly by and watched you tear apart members on this forum. You are an over bearing, big headed Texan who thinks that the only good flavors and food comes from the big horn state. I have met a lot of Texans over my 42 years of cooking and thank God I have because with your attitude I may have mistakenly drawn the conclusion that everyone from Texas is like you. Hell, I had to re-read your post twice just to figure out what the f^&k you said. Besides being an arrogant SOB, do you offer anything to this forum? So far I have seen you degrade almost every post and member you respond to. (“If’in it aint from the mother land of Texas, it aint worth putting over a hot coal
Old 01-07-2007, 06:12 PM   #9
Wizard of Que

[smilie=threadjacked.gif] [smilie=hump.gif] [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif] [smilie=sorry.gif]
Old 01-07-2007, 06:43 PM   #10

Bill, if you don't feed the animals...........they go away

Closed Thread