Oatmeal for Dinner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
After eating like a pig for a week, I am going to have one of my favorite "comfort" meals. A steaming bowl of McCann's Steel-Cut Irish Oatmeal and a big glass of Tropicana "Grovestand"!! Top this with some of that dark brown Muscovado sugar and you are living! I don't know if any of you have ever had "natural" oatmeal like this that hasn't been "rolled" but let's just say, it is substantial. No foolin! Try it! It comes in a steel can, costs about $6-7 a can, and takes 1/2 hour to cook, but it's worth it! Woodmeal

PS , It's good for you too!

I will have to try that ... slow oats in the crock pot are a favourite around here .... can't please everyone so I don't usually put anything else in it but I like to serve it with DeMerra sugar and 10% cream.

Never did the crock pot Suze, but I'll be that would be nice to wake up to on a 5 degree winter morning!!

For the other hot cereal fans, this thread reminded me of one of my favourites growing up, Sunny Boy Cereal. I'm gonna have to get me some and start making it for my kids.

Description: A Western Canadian favourite for over 75 years, Sunny Boy ™ Hot Cereal is rich in protein, high in fiber, low in fat, and also has Omega Fatty Acids. The cracked wheat, cracked rye, and whole flax seed, combine to create a wonderful flavor.

US residents could Order Here if interested.

I've seen the Red River in stores but not tried it, after reading the description I think I'll try some of that too.

Edit: just found what appears to be the official company website for Sunny Boy. Although it appears to be half cooked, there is contact and other info. Maybe I'm a little nuts for posting this stuff but it is an excellent product. There are few things that can fill my belly and lift my spirits like a hearty bowl of hot grainy cereal on a cold wintery morning.

Sorry :oops:, forgot to post the company website link, Schroder Milling

I just want to add I am not in any way associated with any of the companies I posted. Today was the first time I ever saw canadaonly.ca website.

1KG = 2.2 lbs so 3 / 1.36 KG Packages = 9 lbs

FYI for jshively: I went and picked up a Sunny Boy package today and it was $3.99 at a premium grocery store, it's hitting the crock pot at midnight on Low. I will check the price at the local discount megastore next time I'm there. The ones from Canada Only website are pretty steep at $6.59 per package.

Yeah, I'd opt for slamon too instead of flackseed oil <blech>.

Back
Top Bottom