Now THIS is a Muffaletta! - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
Graduate of BBQ Central

Now THIS is a Muffaletta!

My wife, youngest daughter and I went out to eat last night. My son couldn't come because he was on call for work and we were going to a restaurant across Lake Ponchartrain and the bridge crossing the lake itself is twenty four miles long. In other words it was a long drive so I told him I'd bring something back for him. I decided to bring him back a muffaletta form this Italian restaurant. So when the waitress brings the sandwich to the table all wrapped up and bagged I had to do a double take at the size of it. It was huge. When we got home I had to take a look at this behemoth. I weighed it and it was just a half an olive under sixty ounces.
Now this is what I call a muffaletta!

FIVE inches tall!

Want a piece?

Traegernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #2

WOW! That thing was huge!

Old 01-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Official BBQ Central Mark

The tapanade literally made my mouth water! That's my kind of sandwich!
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #4

Breath taking. My muffelata attempts at home compared to that work of art would be nothing to bother mentioning. Yall eat good down there!! Hey now..what trick do they use to keep the liquid from the olive salad from making the bread soggy? Enquiring minds need to know this kinda stuff. Thanks. Some of us may want to move to Naw'lins and open a sandwich shoppe. Maybe on the side closest to the big lake. My mind is running wild here. Sorry to hear about the Mayor trouble. I bet there is going to be some heads rolling in the Obamie Justice Dept over that deal. Just guessing.
bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
Graduate of BBQ Central

Lol..... Opening a sandwich shop is is one of the businesses that we've had a lot of since Katrina. Prior to Hurricane Katrina we had(in the local metro area)about 835 restaurants. Today we have 1328. That's not counting grocery stores tha sell hot & cold foods, gas stations or fast food operations. Now not all are sandwich shops but many are.

If you are using the right kind of bread actually having some olive salad and a lil olive oil on the bread side makes it all the better. Or you could drain it well and put it between tthe cheeses like in the picture above. I believe this restaurant does it that way to keep it from getting too maeey for the customer.

Now on the topic of N.O.'s former mayor getting indicted. That bastard should have been indicted a long tima ago that crooked a$$#)!&! Not my mayor as I live in Metairie which is about three city blocks from N.O. I don't know why those citizens re-elected him.
Traegernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #6

Ok gotcha. Just now noticed the salad trapped by the cheeses and meats. For some reason I thought there was a layer under the top bun too..but not so. Smart thinking.
They re-elect folks to get the free cell phones..lol. I would not hold my breath to see justice served. What ever happen to the crook/politician they found with all the big bucks in his freezer? Jefferson maybe? Dont hear much out of that young man lately.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #7

That is a memorable sandwich, and a deplorable mayor.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would do them harm."
George Orwell
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #8
Saint O'Que

That sure doesn't look like any muffaletta I have ever seen. I don't think I could eat half of it, but I'd sure try. Maybe have the rest for a mid-afternoon snack.

BOB
Stump's Smoker "Monster" (01/08/2013)
Weber Smokey Joe (Homer Simpson Edition Mini BGE
Bob In Fla. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #9

Us old guys eat what we can of one half and take the other half home to Mama. I do the same thing on .35 cent wing day at the watering hole. Get 10 and eat five and snag a to go box for the other five. Thats purty cheap for good hot wings. I used to do that on 1.75 burger day too..but found that bread was making me sleepy. So now I only go on wing day and .70 taco day which is Friday. Bet some are wondering how a person keeps track of all this data huh?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
God O'Que

I don't want a piece, I want the whole damn thing!!!

Weber Jumbo Joe
UDS
Weber Q100
Santa Maria Style Grill

John
Vermin999 is offline   Reply With Quote