NOW, is the time to take care of yourself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I had a really bad health scare on Sunday morning. I was on the phone with my sister and all of a sudden I started shaking, my chest felt like a truck was parked on it, I could not breathe and I could not catch my breath. My daughter was right in front of me and I started screaming for my wife to call 911. The ambulance was there in less than 10 minutes and I was hooked up to all kinds of stuff and off to the ER in a matter of minutes. After a battery of tests in the ER, the diagnosis is I had an anxiety attack and extremely high blood pressure. Now, I'm 39 years old and on 5 different medicines because I have neglected my health for a long time. NOW, I'm going to begin making changes that I've procrastinated doing for TOO LONG.

My reason in making this post is, please do not take your health for granted and take care of yourself NOW, NOT when an alarm goes off like it did for me. The fear in me and in the eyes of my daughter watching me gasp for air, is something I never want to put her through again. It is my job to take care of her and if I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of her.

PLEASE, if you haven't had a check up recently or you're worried that something is wrong and you're scared, go get it checked out and get it fixed NOW. YOU owe it to yourself and your family.

You are so rite Larry, I'm on blood press, colestrol & heart rythem pills.
Glad yer feelin better Boy!

Larry I hate to hear that you had that experience but it beats a drop dead heart attach. My friend and neighbor, Ted, dropped dead in the middle of a Bears game back in Oct. He seemed healthy enough but avoided check ups like the plague. Good advice, as we grow older, to see a Dr every so often and live better.

I hope you are feeling better. Live long, enjoy life and love.

Take care,
Bryan

Larry I only know you from the forum, but really enjoy your posts and the Wolfe Pit ... Take care of yourself, we want you around for a long time to come! Next step is to follow doctor's orders ... you are paying for the advice, make it a good value.

Well, I'm not prejudiced against online and offline friends like some.... PUFF :roll: .

Larry, you're my bud, and I'm happy you're OK....even though you're fat, ugly, lazy, drink too much, and have high blood pressure....You're still my bud. Stick around Pal....do whatever you need to do. :)

(see? I didn't mention crippled :supz: )

Larry,
I'm g;ad that you're doing alright. I've had panic attacks and they are horrible. Now you really have to watch what you do. Make sure you do what your docs say.

Well Larry I posted on this thread earlier in the day or so I thought. Maybe forgot to hit the send button or something cuz I don't notice it now. Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of your episode but very glad to hear you survived the attack relatively unscathed. I have an old Viet Nam Vet chum who has anxiety attacks and he described them similar as you...feels like he's having a heart attack..dying etc. Fortunantly he now has them under control with the propa meds..sure the docs get you fixed up fast. Best of fortunes to you.

bigwheel

Thanks for sharin' the good advice Larry
Panic (Anxiety) Attacks are unbelieveably
uncomfortable. No one can imagine unless
they have experienced them. Sounds like you've
had a darn good epiphany. Learn from this & start
takin' better care of yourself brother!

8)

What Scotty said word for word...well except the PUFF part.
Worried about you dude.

Larry, your title says it all. I've got four good buddies, 3 under 56 yrs. and all have survived cancer because they got it checked out. Some are now walkin around with missing parts.
Get those checkups no matter how uncomfortable they are.
Glad your doing well.

Cheers
Cramden

That is great advice Larry. I am at the age were things start to happen... I have High Blood pressure(under control now), High Cholesterol (under control now) and the latest. Type II Diabetes ( under control now) ... I workout at the local gym and eating correctly.. I feel much better now... There re many ways to create good recipes and still BBQ & grill.. Larry, take care of yourself and thanks again for the advice, you might save someones life.

SS

Well I try to follow Maja Rushies health advice. He say don't do any exercise and you won't break or tear anything up then stay as far away as possible from anything to do with Doctors and Horspitals. Now course everybody knows that is where the real nasty old germs hang out and they kill about a hundred times mo folks than do guns. Fact is the chances are 3 out of 4 that when a person dies..it will be one of them two groups which kills em. They killed the Senor Warden a year ago in Oct. Made a believer outta me. If they will leave me alone..I will leave them alone.

bigwheel

ps..Always remember..a bartender is simply a pharmacist with a limited inventory.

Glad you're okay. The good thing is it was just a panick attack. Kinda like a warning signal to do something before the "big one" comes along. I know I for one should be eating a bit (err, a lot) better and getting back to exercising on a regular (errr, again) basis, but I never get around to it. FOOD TASTE GREAT! Well, at least the new year is coming...there's always the resolution to change. :roll:

Take care of yourself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom