Now here's a new one - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-09-2005, 12:37 PM   #1
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 14,162
Now here's a new one

Co worker said his neighbor takes his fire wood and soaks it in his used
peanut oil for about 10 minutes.

Wow, great way to recycle that oil if it really works...I can't see any reason why not....thoughts?
__________________

__________________
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Larry Wolfe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bealeton, Virginia
Posts: 14,969
Re: Now here's a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
Co worker said his neighbor takes his fire wood and soaks it in his used
peanut oil for about 10 minutes.

Wow, great way to recycle that oil if it really works...I can't see any reason why not....thoughts?
I wouldn't do it. Not sure how a grease fire will effect the chimney????
__________________

__________________
Larry Wolfe
Visit the Wolfe Pit
Wolfe Rub Recipes
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #3
Web Celeb
 
Greg Rempe's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 8,177
Am I missing why you would want to do that??
__________________
Host of The BBQ Central Radio Show
www.thebbqcentralshow.com
Greg Rempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 14,162
to get green wood to light better.
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #5
Graduate of BBQ Central
 
jminion's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 671
Green wood is a bad idea using in or pit or to heat your home, creosote is a real problem on food or in your chimney. Chimney fires are a bitch.
Jim
__________________
To get a better piece of chicken you'd have to be a rooster
jminion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:46 PM   #6
BBQ Centralite
 
Woodman's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mentor, Oh
Posts: 4,457
Also, what would the smell of burning oil do to the taste of the food? What the hell kind of lunatic neighborhood are you living in Cap'n..........if that is your real name?
__________________
"I was born to cook for people"
Woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #7
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 14,162
Fireplace only you dumbasses! Not for the pit! For the fire place!

Nevermind.

geeze.

There's goes another Morgan Method.
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:50 PM   #8
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Sorry, Cappy, but like Jim said, it's not good for the fireplace either. I've seen a chimney fire and it's scarry.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #9
BBQ Centralite
 
Woodman's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mentor, Oh
Posts: 4,457
Way to go Cap'n. Now what if some kid reads this and starts a chimney fire in his house on Christmas eve? Or, what if some would be terrorist runs down the aisle of a jetliner with flaming oil soaked logs and gets shot by FAM's. What then? [-X [-X [-X
__________________
"I was born to cook for people"
Woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:53 PM   #10
Baby Back


 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 61
Be thankful he's not your next door neighbor. A chimney fire fueled by burning oil-- #-o [-X

It's really hard for me to comprehend that anyone could be that dumb to risk his family's home and maybe their life by using oil soaked logs to start a fire in the fireplace. Who would want the smell in their house --besides starter logs, fat sticks or paper is not that expensive.
__________________

BYBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.