NOT a good day for Bill The Grill Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Griff said:
My first car was a'55 Plymouth. I paid $50 for it. It had a couple of teeth missing on the flywheel and about every twentieth time I tried to start it the starter would just whirrrr. Then I'd have to push start it.

Bill, I'm glad there were no injuries.

OMG Griff....$50 was a LOT of money when dinosaurs stilled walked the earth.........you're showing your age!

just kidding ;)

Bet you wish you had that Plymouth still today.....if not...I wish I did.

Griff said:
My first car was a'55 Plymouth. I paid $50 for it. It had a couple of teeth missing on the flywheel and about every twentieth time I tried to start it the starter would just whirrrr. Then I'd have to push start it.

Bill, I'm glad there were no injuries.
That's a lot of gold flakes...

My first ride was a '74 Chev Kingswood wagon...what a partymobile !! Don't remember what I paid for it (stupid short term memory) but sure dumped a lot of gas through it !!

My dad bought my first car......1971 Mustang (fastback) and when I totalled it in an accident, he replaced it with a 1978 Mercury Cougar (4 door sedan.........HUGE car). I really think if I hadn't had a job and needed transportation to drive 30 miles on way to work, he would not have gotten the second car. The next car I bought myself 1980 Honda Accord for $1,000. That is the car I truly loved and was heartbroken when my (ex now) husband was driving it and the timing belt broke and warped the heads. It just wasn't worth dumping the money into it to fix it after that. In all seriousness, that was one of the best cars I have ever owned.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom