Nokesville brunswick stew sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Unity

Executive Chef
Every year the Ruritan club of Nokesville VA puts on a brunswick stew cook and sale to raise money for the club's community service projects. It's an all-night cook, with sales starting at noon. Often these events coincide with the political season, and this year's was supposed to be a month ago, but something happened to the politicos' schedule and it was put off until today. I preordered a couple of quarts ($7 each) and brought them home. They had tables for bowl-customers, but it was chilly and breezy, so I didn't stick around to see if people raced to get their stew eaten before it got cold. (Reminds me of lunch on steel trays at the Fort Leonard Wood rifle range in subfreezing temps. :shock: )

--John 8)
(Lots of different styles of cauldrons there. Wiccans would be envious. ;) )

When the weather gets cold me and this yankee pal I with nearly every day heads off to Red, White and Blues bbq joint. He always gets the chili with kidney beans and I get the Brunswick Stew. Taint too bad..tastes sorta like leftover bbq stew. I got quite a few recipes for the stuff if anybody want to make some themselves.

bigwheel

Nick Prochilo said:
That bowlful looks excellent!
It was. Lots of pork, plus corn, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, limas, in approximate order of abundance. :)

--John 8)
(Larry, I was going to tell you about it and forgot. Sorry. :( This was an event I was tipped to by a riding friend who also does barbecue. He worked with the Dixie Bones team at Salisbury last Spring.)

John you were less than 15 minutes from me!!! Next time you're in the area let me know! I would have bought you a bowl of brunswick stew!!

Larry Wolfe said:
John you were less than 15 minutes from me!!! Next time you're in the area let me know! I would have bought you a bowl of brunswick stew!!
Man Larry must be desperate to offer to BUY something :LOL:
Stew looked good
Merry Xmass Larry

Yeah he getting purty tight with the free scientical evaluation samples too. Must be something about the holidays which turn him into a Scrooge Grinch type mode. Sure surprised he gonna spring for a bowl of Brunswick Stew :LOL: Reckon he trying to turn over a new leaf or sumthing?

bigwheel

Probably figured he could sell John some Wolfe Rub while he was there and break even at least.

bigwheel said:
Yeah he getting purty tight with the free scientical evaluation samples too. Must be something about the holidays which turn him into a Scrooge Grinch type mode. Sure surprised he gonna spring for a bowl of Brunswick Stew :LOL: Reckon he trying to turn over a new leaf or sumthing?

bigwheel

I was gonna send you some for X-mas just to be nice but you seem to be the only person that can't seem to get it out of the bottle. Were you as dumbfounded the first time you saw fire??

John thanks for those pics, they remind me of home. We used to do
a big pot at my church in NC while we did a giant whole hog every
year for our homecoming service.

Next time you get down here maybe I'll have time to do a pot for us.

Captain Morgan said:
John thanks for those pics, they remind me of home. We used to do
a big pot at my church in NC while we did a giant whole hog every
year for our homecoming service.

Next time you get down here maybe I'll have time to do a pot for us.
Now that is a great invitation! :D Glad to remind you of home, Jim.

--John 8)

Back
Top Bottom