Nice neighbor...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
...dropped off a few pheasants a while back. I pulled them out of the freezer and along with some scallops had a pretty tastey dinner tonight.
I stuffed the pheasants with sausage and cheese and hit them with a shot of rub. Rolled them up, dipped in egg then in bread crumbs. Onto the baking sheet and into the 350* oven for 1/2 hour. The scallops were drowned in melted butter with garlic then sprinkled with bread crumbs and cheese and into the same oven.

Wow, that looks good. Nick, were those pheasants breasted out into boneless breast filets? Pheasants are a blast to hunt. Here's a pic from a hunt in Oregon with my son, one of his buddies, and my two brothers-in-law over Thanksgiving last year. I'm the fat guy on the right and my son is the younger man kneeling on the right. His dog, Vader, is also on the right.

I can't believe you guys are dropping cock birds. I hunted them for years with a cheap shotgun. Then I splurged and bought a Browning double and a Brittany hunting dog. Every damn bird in PA disappeared. I sold the gun and the dog died. Now I buy chicken. :LOL:

007bond-jb said:
Looks nice Nick, I Never tasted pheasent Whats it like?

Tastes like chicken. Everything tastes like chicken.
3.gif

It actually tastes like.......................... chicken! Very tasty. One of my sons buddies is a chef. He did the same cook with chicken recently so I decided to give it a try with the pheasant. Yes Griff they came breasted out to me, not bad huh? I told my wife and daughter they were chicken. My wife was a little sceptical because the color of the raw breasts was more the color of a turkey breast but she didn't say a word. I told her the following day and she said she still enjoyed it. I didn't tell my daughter and she took one to work the next day. I've got some more in the freezer from a buddy of mine at work, gonna do the again.

Back
Top Bottom