Niagara Falls, New York ~ PICS - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #1

Niagara Falls, New York ~ PICS

Since Pigs didn’t want a free lunch at the Anchor Bar for his birthday today, I drove over to Niagara Falls for a scenic walk and some pics ~ Almost 200! The forecast was for the low 40’s and breezy, 10-20 mph winds out of the south. Well, it was only about 35º on the river and I can tell you, the winds were closer to 35 or 40! At times, I couldn’t feel anything with my hands. Butt, I trudged on ‘cause I was doing this for you guys, well most of you anyway… Here are a few of the pics for those that have never made it to this part of the country, especially, in late January!!

Enjoy!

On the map, up is west. I started at 3-Sisters Islands (4) on Goat Island, went up to Terrapin Point (3), over to Bridal Veil Falls (2), down and over the pedestrian bridge (5), up to Prospect Point (1) and finally, to the Observation Tower.

Here are a few pics from 3-Sisters Islands…

Here’s a panorama from 2 pics taken at Prospect Point.

Bridal Veil Falls…

Observation Tower…

Old 01-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark

Groovy pics, Val and I love the falls. Good job Joker =D> Just over the border there is a small hole in the wall joint that sells deep fryed hot dogs. Good stuff indeed =P~

Team Gruber Mister BBQ
KCBS Citified Judge 8282
Tomorrow is just your future yesterday
Pigs On The Wing BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:10 PM   #3

Nice pics Bill, hope to see them in September in conjunction with Q-Ganza.
Rubbed, Smoked, and Sauced Competition BBQ Team-
22 1/2" WSM, 2 18 1/2" WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:10 PM   #4
Graduate of BBQ Central

Those were very nice, thanks for posting them. :biggrin:

GIANT BBQ

Zilla's Gator Pit
zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:40 PM   #5

Wow Bill...GREAT pictures! Must be pretty neat to see the falls this time of year. Are there many visitors there this time of year? I was gonna take my wife there this past summer (she has never been there) but things got crazy as always and we didn't make it. Can you post more pics or set them up on line so we can see more?
Old 01-27-2006, 06:58 PM   #6

This, being one of the mildest winters on record, provides a much milder view than in previous years. One year, the ice flow actually toppled the Rainbow Bridge seen in a few of these pics. Here's a link for more info..

Thanks for the comments guys. There aren't that many people here this time of year which makes it much easier to get the pics I want. Suprisingly, there were more there today than earlier this week when I was there on a much milder day and without my camera!!

Nick, I'll see what I can do..
Old 01-28-2006, 08:23 AM   #7
God O'Que

By sheer chance, i found myself in Clarence NY this past week and had a lengthy phone conversation with Pigs and, in turn his better half Val. We talked about about Q and Oinktoberfest this year and general BS. Him and his wife gave me directions to Kentucky Greg's...well his wife finally had the correct ones. Decent Q. Went to Dinosaur the following night with apprehension because i had heard mixed reviews. Their pork was decent, brisket was really good, ribs were sub par...underdone and very "hammy". Overall a decent meal. I'd go back for a fix. Turns out that I drove right past Pig's house during work. Even saw his pits...bbq, not armpits. We tried to hook up but it just wasn't in the cards. Went to the Anchor bar for lunch the next with a business associate. Good wings. Great history. Went to Adventures in Heat on Wednesday and talked to George who is the organizer for Oinktoberfest. Bought a few rubs to try. Great place if you ever get around there.

"I'd rather be dead in my skin than be a fan of a Redskin."
Uncle Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:31 AM   #8
Wizard of Que

Nice shots indeed. I was there in about 1970. Hasn't changed much :biggrin: I remember taking the boat ride at the bottom of the falls. At night they lit up the falls with colored lights. Good times!
Old 01-28-2006, 09:28 AM   #9

I gotta laugh about this...Lived here all my life ( 40 some odd years) and have probably only been to the falls to do the tourist thing a few times ! I went on the Maid of the Mist once and have never been in the observation tower or down into the cave of the winds. I worked on the bridge you see in some of those pics for a while, but never ventured much off the span.
john pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #10
BBQ Centralite

They got a falls there????????