Newest Video Project...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I do some video podcasting for a local wine retailer here in Cleveland. This video is done with the new HD camera and editing software. I think there is a big quality difference between this one and the one a few scrolls down...The project was his monthly wine tasting...some testimonials from some of the customers and some pan shots of the event. 4 min long.

http://www.tastewine.com/tastings.php

Great job Greg I see ya found that tripod. Boy they can't do that in Louisiana us coon asses would not leave till every bottle was drank or they threw us out [smilie=drink.gif] We got a few all you can eats but the bar owners know better than to offer all you can drink

Well, its 22 wines to "taste" and "all the FOOD you can eat" for $20. But still, for a wine tasting event, that is a great deal...a lot of places around here offer 12 wines at most with some cheese and bread... :roll: This place has hot and cold food to go along with all the wine...plus the bad sounding 2 man band... :LOL:

If you can believe it, I had it at the 90* setting...it would have been much worse at the 120* setting.

Next time I am thinking about bringing my mic stand and extra mic and using it to see if that helps...but short of getting the people in to a separate room there will always be some background noise.

Look at the video under that one...I think the noise is worse in that one then the newer one.

Cool video. I'm from Cali too and miss wine tasting. Greg what was the bitrate of that video? It really looked good on my broadband.. :D

surfinsapo said:
Cool video. I'm from Cali too and miss wine tasting. Greg what was the bitrate of that video? It really looked good on my broadband.. :D

Variable bitrate...but it was shot on a HD camera so the quality is going to be better than a regular camcorder.

Greg Rempe said:
If you can believe it, I had it at the 90* setting...it would have been much worse at the 120* setting.

Next time I am thinking about bringing my mic stand and extra mic and using it to see if that helps...but short of getting the people in to a separate room there will always be some background noise.

Look at the video under that one...I think the noise is worse in that one then the newer one.

Your studio mic? Don't. That won't help...probably make it worse.
The mic on the cam is probably just cardioid. You really need a super cardioid/lobar mic (shotgun) with a real narrow acceptance (lobar mode). Even the cheap ones cost like $250 though. Maybe your wine guy will buy one for ya? If they will go with this...
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/pr ... sid=003284

It'll help if you get people away from the walls when you shoot them as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom