New PodCast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jay gave a lot of good information, thanks again, Jay!!...don't let my poor performance in the interview change your purchasing decisions!! :grin: :grin:

Great podcast With Jay at Spicewine. they build a great smoker. But most of all they are fantastic to deal with. Jay worked with me first hand and he really will pick up the phone and talk with you. In fact I just talked with Jay about selling the med. I have now and I am in the process of drawing up the specs on a new custom smoker for them to build for me.

Thanks. I thought the Podcast went real well. I'm not much of a public speaker, but it was fun. Thanks again Greg for letting me participate.

Spice

Spice,

Your smokers are indirect cookers correct? They have a charcoal bin on the bottom with a water pan above? What does the lump or charcoal set in and how far off the bottom of the cooker does it set?

There is a fire grate below the water pan and an ash pan below the fire grate. Both slide out for easy loading and cleaning. The Smoke and heat ar baffled around the water pan. There are 3 different ways that my customers have been useing the firebox. 1 . Charcoal is lit outside the smoker in a chimney . Once coal is gray on edges it is put in the middle of the fire grate directly under the water pan a handfull of smoking wood is placed on top. 2. Same as above except the coals are put in 2 lines on each side of the water pan and the smoking wood is put in the middle and 3. Unlit charcoal is put in a U shaped trough around the fire grate. A small amout of lit charcoal is put at one end of the trough and the smoking wood is put in the center. This method has yeilded a 12 hour continuous burn. I use # 1

Captain Morgan said:
Sounds like it was well thought out! I hate cleaning the ash from my WSM.

For $ 700 I will keep cleaning my wsm! It looks nice but it basically a replica of a great outdoors smoker which u can get 4 alot less

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom