New Neighbor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I have lived in this house for five years and have had no less than four different neighbors directly across the street from me. There have been a few good folks come and go.

Then a group of party going college girls moved in. That was ok for a while, at least during tanning sessions but then the boys started lining up and down the street once or twice a week. With that came beer cans in the yard, loud music and ect.

Now I have a new neighbor.

I have already noticed that people drive by a little slower.

Think I would like the wild college girls mo betta. I just drag out my old paisley bell bottoms and go hang out with em. Never know when one of em might be desperate (maybe overdose on Spanish Fly) or feel sorry for ya or something like that. Person needs to remain optimistic on that type of deal. Now that cop over there make me real nervous. Whut if he see you taking a wee wee in the backyard or something? Uh huh..you be busted.

bigwheel

Cliff H. said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3gcfk4nx]Cliff, maybe the other ones didn't like you! [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

I don't know Nick, I heard one of those college girls tell another one that she liked the smell of my meat. :shock:[/quote:3gcfk4nx]
4.gif

Cliff H. said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1c53wqo0]Cliff, maybe the other ones didn't like you! [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

I don't know Nick, I heard one of those college girls tell another one that she liked the smell of my meat. :shock:[/quote:1c53wqo0]

They said the old guy across the street is always playing with his meat...

Cops need to live somewhere too.........

Just damn sure NOT across the street from me!!!!!!!! 8) :LOL:

That would just take the freedom right out of owning your own home...... :?

Do you think you can now get a discount on your property taxes because he has changed the neighborhood? If you wanted to live by the police station....wouldn't you have bought a home on the same street as it? The good thing is you can screw with his car at night...and he'd never suspect you......he'd just think it was some lowlife he arrested recently :idea: :D

Wow, this turned ugly fast...do my neighbors hate me too ? If they do, I would have assumed it would have been from the loud partys at my house, or the big bon fires, or the constant smoke that smells of pork..but not for what I do !!

john pen said:
Wow, this turned ugly fast...do my neighbors hate me too ? If they do, I would have assumed it would have been from the loud partys at my house, or the big bon fires, or the constant smoke that smells of pork..but not for what I do !!

No Sir. I’m sure that everyone here appreciates all first responders, some are just funning. Thank you for doing what you do. :)

I'm surely just funnin...as evidenced by the :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: in my prior post.

Cops are regular people too...thier just easy targets to pick on and tease! ;) :LOL:

Most of the time I'm sure being law enforcement must be a thankless Job....but deep down everyone knows how important it is. Thank you for all you do!

No go have another freekin donut! >>>>;) :LOL: <<<<

Smokey_Joe said:
I'm surely just funnin...as evidenced by the :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: in my prior post.

Cops are regular people too...thier just easy targets to pick on and tease! ;) :LOL:

Most of the time I'm sure being law enforcement must be a thankless Job....but deep down everyone knows how important it is. Thank you for all you do!

Ill still take donations....donuts arent free...

wdroller said:
john pen said:
[quote="Smokey_Joe":3j65kpft]I'm surely just funnin...as evidenced by the :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: in my prior post.

Ill still take donations....donuts arent free...

Ummm..hello...donut annnnddddd...coffee ..Duuhhh..I might be cheap but Im not easy..well, I guess I am, but thats besides the point..

So-o-o. Just another cop who can be "bought" with a donut. :) :)[/quote:3j65kpft]

I think they should also be charged with the task of teaching firemen how to park at minor wreck scenes. Lawd o mercy...I do not know where them boys learn to park. They can block up mo road and cause the most traffic jams with less shiney red fire trucks than a person would think possible.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I think they should also be charged with the task of teaching firemen how to park at minor wreck scenes. Lawd o mercy...I do not know where them boys learn to park. They can block up mo road and cause the most traffic jams with less shiney red fire trucks than a person would think possible.

bigwheel

Part of our job is to block the scene to protect us from becoming a victim when some gauker comes driving by trying to see what happened. It also helps to shield the public from seeing the cops doing nothing but eating donuts!
4.gif

Well I aint seen no cops park like that on a traffic stop. You must have been observing some yankee rookies or something.

bigwheel

wdroller said:
BW wrote:

"I think they should also be charged with the task of teaching firemen how to park at minor wreck scenes"

And when, young man, was the last time you saw a policeman calmly pull his cruiser up, parallel park, turn his wheels to the curb, look all around and then get out to give someone a ticket? Nosiree! They come screaming down the road, Christmas tree going full blast, park in the middle of the road, slam open and leave open the door, walk in the middle of the road, etc. And you want them to teach firemen how to park? Lawdy, lawdy, lawdy. :) :)

One of the perks of the job I say.

wdroller said:
...Christmas tree going full blast...

As someone who knows trucker talk...those are referred to as "gumballs" or "Discos"...not a christmas tree!!

FTE to all the BBQC members who are!!

Well I know the theory behind the madness but in real life the cops are usually forced into trying to direct traffic around the crazy parked firetrucks/ambulances and attempting to restore some type of rational traffic flow. Makes it safe for nobody. Case in point just the other day. Minor hit in the coola on an undivided 4 lane happened in the S. bound inside lane at rush hour. Nobody hurt. We tell the dispatcher this fact but the FD refuse to believe us so here they come still tooting the siren etc. Truck driver had some type of rational impulse so he parks in the inside lane along with everybody else so we still have the outside S. bound lane open so folks can get through. Well then here comes the ambulance and instead of lining up single file like everybody else in the lane which is already blocked...he decides he needs to park in the other S. Bound lane which has previously been freely flowing till he got there. Turned a rational non-injury wreck scene into a night mare cuz now the S. bounders are faced with an insurmountable blockage and they cant go around cuz the N. bound traffic is too heavy. Course then this forces the cops into the normal mode of trying to direct traffic around his goofy ass. Kindly pass the Mylanta and the valium.

bigwheel

Nick Prochilo said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Part of our job is to block the scene to protect us from becoming a victim when some gauker comes driving by trying to see what happened. It also helps to shield the public from seeing the cops doing nothing but eating donuts!
4.gif

Back
Top Bottom