New Hat - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

New Hat

Well I pulled the trigger on a januine official Indiana Jones Fedora straw hat today. Hope yall aint too jealous. Thinking the good looking young lady beer tenders will think it looks too cool to resist. Did the mail order deal. Shipping around 9 bucks which I think would be cheaper than the gas and hassel to drive to go buy one at the store. Here is the link in case anybody else needs one.

http://www.sheplers.com/indiana-jones-s ... a-hat.html

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #2

Re: New Hat

Jeff, that has you written all over it!

Old 07-29-2011, 08:10 AM   #3

Don't really know you Jeff or if the hat is you, but .... it is a very cool retirement hat, I'm sure you are rockin' it
ē KCBS Certified Judge #53267
bbquzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #4

that's weird...I just got one myself...

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=7910

[attachment=0:k24hmvlx]hat.jpg[/attachment:k24hmvlx]
Old 07-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #5

I hear Larry was going to get one but he couldn't find one his size!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel
Well I pulled the trigger on a januine official Indiana Jones Fedora straw hat today. Hope yall aint too jealous. Thinking the good looking young lady beer tenders will think it looks too cool to resist. Did the mail order deal. Shipping around 9 bucks which I think would be cheaper than the gas and hassel to drive to go buy one at the store. Here is the link in case anybody else needs one.

http://www.sheplers.com/indiana-jones-s ... a-hat.html
You get the whip too?
Old 07-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
Master of All

Yeah...Might be good to keep the Warden in her place.
Weber Smokey Joe Gold ?

Weber Grill Decency Agent # KTL9352
ScottyDaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #8

Dang forgot the whip. Guess I just have to keep on beating the Warden with a wet rope. She is used to that bizness. Nice looking hat Cappy. May have to add one of the felt models to the wardrobe before the snow flies. I have one which I think comes from Austrailia which is crushable and just roll it up and stick in a suitcase. I forget where it is right now. Thats a nice feature. Did not realize bucketheaded folks could not wear hats but it sounds plausible. Poor Larry.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #9
BBQ Central College

Quote:
Dang forgot the whip. Guess I just have to keep on beating the Warden with a wet rope. She is used to that bizness. Nice looking hat Cappy. May have to add one of the felt models to the wardrobe before the snow flies. I have one which I think comes from Austrailia which is crushable and just roll it up and stick in a suitcase. I forget where it is right now. Thats a nice feature. Did not realize bucketheaded folks could not wear hats but it sounds plausible. Poor Larry.

You forgot the whip You better get right on that and order one up... You can never have enough whips
Smokehouse "Big Chief" top loader (just my fish smoker)
Brinkmann SS Gas grill
Bradley Smoker
Alaskan Grill made by Karen ;)
friesian_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #10

Good point. Person need a good whip to mush them Huskies through the snow. I will try to snag one before winter.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
Pope O'Que

I might just have to order me a whip! I'm not the cowboy type. Congrats on the new hat BW. As BBQuzz said....Your gonna rock that hat!
Member #1462
BBQ ........So easy a caveman could do it.....?

Never look your best friend in the eye while your makin' sausage.
dollarbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #12

Well I was fixing to get mad at them folks on the shipping angle cuz they said "cheapest ground" which I thought meant UPS Ground which should get me the goods in a day or too. Well they sent it parcel post through the regular old post orfice which normally take a few years. The lady said they was using parcel post on hats cuz the UPS people was crushing too many of em. Anyway I got the hat quick in good shape but too late wear it to the big Friday night chili meeting. I spring it on em next week. Think it needs a wider brim maybe.

PS edit: It just dawned on me my pride and joy crushable felt hat is the Crockodile Dundee model. I am going to look for that tomorrow. Will be cold weather before you know it.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #13
Pope O'Que

Quote:
Well I was fixing to get mad at them folks on the shipping angle cuz they said "cheapest ground" which I thought meant UPS Ground which should get me the goods in a day or too. Well they sent it parcel post through the regular old post orfice which normally take a few years. The lady said they was using parcel post on hats cuz the UPS people was crushing too many of em. Anyway I got the hat quick in good shape but too late wear it to the big Friday night chili meeting. I spring it on em next week. Think it needs a wider brim maybe.

PS edit: It just dawned on me my pride and joy crushable felt hat is the Crockodile Dundee model. I am going to look for that tomorrow. Will be cold weather before you know it.

You said it was a straw hat? Not felt. hahahahaaa! And I guarantee UPS is good for a few smashed packages...... Until I started caterin' for a livin' I was a warehouse worker. Sad but true... ......db

I still bet you rock that hat.
Member #1462

Old 08-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #14

Well yes the new Indiananna Jones hat is straw. The crushable felt is the Crockodile Dundee model which I got back when old Shep was still a pup. I also have a leather Aussie hat but I think it must be in the camper somewhere. Ain't seen it in years. I will look for that one too. Thanks for jogging my memory. I put a real kewlish gold pin on the new hat which looks like a small Texas Ranger badge and say Wacko Texas on it. I snagged a Dove feather out of the backyard to use for a feather. Would not own a hat without a feather in it.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Well yes the new Indiananna Jones hat is straw. The crushable felt is the Crockodile Dundee model which I got back when old Shep was still a pup. I also have a leather Aussie hat but I think it must be in the camper somewhere. Ain't seen it in years. I will look for that one too. Thanks for jogging my memory. I put a real kewlish gold pin on the new hat which looks like a small Texas Ranger badge and say Wacko Texas on it. I snagged a Dove feather out of the backyard to use for a feather. Would not own a hat without a feather in it.
Any respectable pimp would not show his sombrero without it being graced by a feather.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #16
Pope O'Que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff
Quote:
Any respectable pimp would not show his sombrero without it being graced by a feather.
Member #1462

Old 08-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #17

Dang Puff you hit the head of the nail on that one. Eggxactly whut I was thinking. Now would hate to end up like that yankee uncle by marriage I had one time. He decide to open a hooer house but could not afford any wimmen. Yeppers he had to run it by hand for a few years. I think he finally got some working girls in there but then the cops showed up etc. This all happen up in PA or Joisey maybe.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Dang Puff you hit the head of the nail on that one. Eggxactly whut I was thinking. Now would hate to end up like that yankee uncle by marriage I had one time. He decide to open a hooer house but could not afford any wimmen. Yeppers he had to run it by hand for a few years. I think he finally got some working girls in there but then the cops showed up etc. This all happen up in PA or Joisey maybe.
You sure he didn't have ties to them Long Eyeland boys. I hear they improvise like that.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puff
Quote:
You sure he didn't have ties to them Long Eyeland boys. I hear they improvise like that.
Powder Puff is back!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #20

Hmmm I look around for possible links to Noo Yawk on that deal. Sounds plausible.