New Cooker!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
My new toy. A "Superior Smokers" insulated cooker. :D :D :D

IMG_1154.JPG

Link to Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/BBQCarolina/NewSuperiorSmokersCooker?feat=directlink

This is a prototype model that I am cooking on to test and evaluate. I picked it up New Years eve and brought it home. Holds heat real well. Looks to be a good cooking machine. If anyone is interested, I can tell you what is changing for production. First 5 production units are being built now by the company.

It's Joby Stanaland's new company. Many of you will remember Joby from his days as the 'voice' of Stumps before the Viking buyout.

I've cooked on Stumps many times and would be happy to give out a secret or two. Like everybody says. "It's not the cooker, it's the cook"

Chicken is tough on this type of cooker. Everything else is a cake walk.

You just know it does weigh a bunch. My little 222 3 shelf weighs almost 400lbs.

It's for sale by the way.

I'm thinking bigger.

Hey Finney..glad you remember Lanny. Ain't thought about him in years. Followed his exploits on turning the commercial type freezers into cookers over several years. Seems like he had also invented some system to gradually feed it charcoal too..sorta like a Stumps but he went mo toward the slanting in method. Even know a fella who bought one I think. Just loved it and prob still does aint checked with him lately. How is the Lanny Boy doing and where does he hang out nowadays?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Hey Finney..glad you remember Lanny. Ain't thought about him in years. Followed his exploits on turning the commercial type freezers into cookers over several years. Seems like he had also invented some system to gradually feed it charcoal too..sorta like a Stumps but he went mo toward the slanting in method. Even know a fella who bought one I think. Just loved it and prob still does aint checked with him lately. How is the Lanny Boy doing and where does he hang out nowadays?

bigwheel

Don't know Wheel...
I've tried to emal him a few times lately and didn't get a response. He disapears every so often and then one day he is just back. I think he must be in 3rd world countries helping the poor. That really seems to be his passion. Making it where the very poor can eat. That after all, (it's my understanding) is how the Lanny Q was developed.

Back
Top Bottom