Need Some prayers...quickly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last we talked he was doing well . I saw the title and thought "oh $hit".
Hang in there. I hope he bounces back.

Today should prove to be D-day. He is malnourished, dehydrated, and root of all this is some sort of blockage in his small intestine near his stomach as a result of the whipple surgery he had back in October. Drs. think there is an adhesion from the replumbing that goes with this surgery. They are evacuating his stomach with an NG tube in the hopes that his severely distended stomach(from the blockage) will go back to normal and make the opening to his small intestine less stretched and there allow the stomach to flow normally. If not, it's a whole set of other issues. Surgery would be the only other option and he's really in no condition for that. I doubt he'd survive surgery. His BP is low and he's on blood thinners for the chemo. Plus, he'd have to go back to Pittsburgh where they performed the Whipple surgery because docs here have no idea what they did down there and don't want to touch him. Thanks guys and girls for all the thoughts and prayers...it's greatly appreciated.

I know all to well about what your going through brother and im not going to sit here and spew my story just letting you know some of us have been there and ya just got stick with a positive attitude and stay informed. Keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom