Need some computer help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I was trying to look at some of the photo's that have been uploaded via ephoto and this f%$^%ing box keeps showing up. Any ideas why all the sudden its there? PLEASE HELP!

it's an ad that didn't finish loading. Let it load, then the close window button will work.

You may have a popup stopper that's preventing it from opening.

Bill, I started getting a pop up from ephotohut today right in front of the pic like yours and I have pop-up protection.. Click on Hide Box and the pop-up disappears...

Now I see...I just called up the url that's on your pic and sure enough, that blank box is saved as part of the pic......Looks like it was saved that way....... :dunno: :dunno: that's s a saved screen pic (PrtSc), right?

Yep, I did a screen save and then uploaded what I see on my screen. If you are seeing the same thing, I wonder if it is a way to have us sign up? If thats the case then maybe we should find another way of posting PICS.

My guess is, that pop-up appeared just as you were saving the screen, then uploaded it that way. I've noticed that these new pop-ups start out blank and then the ad appears ~ I think it was bad timing, Bill. I've also noticed that there are 2 very quick pop-ups that appear. PC-cillin catches the 1st but the 2nd gets through....Ass Wipes!! :-X

Well, not know that that is what happened for sure, I'd try a couple of screen shots and wait until the pop-up appears, click on Hide Box in the lower right of the pop-up, then save the screen. Try that a couple of times and view it before you upload it, then afterward to see if it apears sometime during the process.

Okay, lets step back and take another look at this. When I click on a picture that has been posted on this site from ephoto, I get a box in the middle of the screen ontop of the picture that I was trying to view. It moves as I move up and down. Now with that being said, it has nothing to do with my screen shot. The screen shot was of the ephoto site and how the box apears when I try to view a picture. Are we still on the same wave length?

Yeah. When I typed in the url from the pic you posted in your original post and click on go, I get the same page you had displayed and about 1 second later, another pop-up window appears overtop of the pic. I can clear that pop-up and see the same pic you saw with the blank square over it. I think that a pop-up might have been progress when you were saving your screen shot..Again, it's my best guess.

Here's a test image ~ I hit the PrtSc just as the pop up was starting to appear..

Ephotohut has figured and a faew other internet sites have figured out ways to get around pop-up blockers by sending 2 or more right behind one another ~ It's really pissing me off! I was trying to look at Cappy's pics tonight........I'm about done with Ephotohut!!! :tant:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom