Need a few tips from the experts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
A quick recipe for Slaw for 60 people.....They will be eating "catfish", "French fries", and " Hush Puppies"... I know Cappy gave me a killer recipe before, but need it again, along with others please.... thanks in advance yall!!!! :D

SSGT

Slaw for 40 (You can add from there)

1-3lb pack Cabbage Mix (I get this from Sams then re-shred it)
2 C mayo
1/2 C sugar
3/8 cup Vinegar
1 tsp celerey salt
1 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
Makes about a 1/2 foil pan full

Hope this helps

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Slaw for 40 (You can add from there)

1-3lb pack Cabbage Mix (I get this from Sams then re-shred it)
2 C mayo
1/2 C sugar
3/8 cup Vinegar
1 tsp celerey salt
1 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
Makes about a 1/2 foil pan full

Hope this helps
Thanks a million Bill... :D

3-3 lb bags of precut slaw at Sam's
1 Commercial sized jug of Marzetti Slaw dressing
Mix to your liking
Serve

Most folks will say, "it's the best slaw I ever ate. What's your secret?" Sorry to be so cynical, but it happens to be true! ;)

Woodman said:
3-3 lb bags of precut slaw at Sam's
1 Commercial sized jug of Marzetti Slaw dressing
Mix to your liking
Serve

Most folks will say, "it's the best slaw I ever ate. What's your secret?" Sorry to be so cynical, but it happens to be true! ;)

You damn right! This is the best and easiest cole slaw to make for large crowds without alot of fuss!

One word of caution though, when you mix it do NOT add the Marzettis until the slaw looks wet. Mix enough to coat the slaw mix and refridgerate. If it still looks dry an hour later add more Marzettis. The cabbage will leach alot of water and if you mix too much dressing to begin with you will have cabbage soup!

I got 3 bags of cabbage slaw from Sams right now. I will make the dressing from the recipe. I couldn't find any Marzettis..... :D Sams, also has great deals on "hush puppies" & "French Fries"... :D Got me a new "king Kooker" 16 quart aluminum frying pan from Academy too... I hope the folks are Hungry today!!! ;)

KK1614-b.jpg

I was on a mission making sauce and rub for the business yesterday and ended up buying a new EZ-UP at Sams. Must be something in the air!

Captain Morgan said:
good point larry, where do you guys find the commercial sized Marzettis?

Gordon Food Service carries it. You got those down there? Actually, I use the GFS brand , which is about $4.00/jug less than Marzetti!

Back
Top Bottom