My new invention.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
I invented a pompano fishing rig. I have caught Specks on it without any bait.

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2754022&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1"><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2754022&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="480"></embed></object>
Pomp Rig Test from TeamSurfinSapo on Vimeo.

dsc037316353636vc8.jpg

monty3777 said:
Cool rig, Sapo. I'm going ice fishing on Monday-Wednesday with my men's group. Ever tried that rig on walleye? ;)
No Walleyes here......

ScottyDaQ said:
Nice SS....I watched some of your other vids... Is the weed problem still there?
The sargasm weed is gone for now. The weed we are dealing with now is dead stuff on the sand bars..

Hey Sapo..never mind trying to patent that rig..just got off the phone with my attorney..emailed him blown up details etc. He headed off to the patent orfice bright and early in the morn. Thanks...this could be fairly lucrative if you get my drift. First I seen of one of them Pompanos I guess. Funny looking critters huh? Now nothing compared to a Flounder. God do have a sense of humor like old George Burns or John Denver say one time in a movie. Used to catch em mo bigga than a steering wheel off a Greyhound bus. Wading under the 2nd bridge on PR 53 (the road to Aransas Pass) as you coming from the Flour Bluff causeway..seems like that SPID in town and PR 22 when you get on the Island. We used live shrimp on the bottom. Dead shrimp would catch hard heads and croakers. I never had a bit of good fortune with that surf fishing. Give me a nice pier or bridge any old day. I am skerred of boats.

bigwheel

Tannehill Kid said:
How many did you end up catching?
We caught about 4 of the pompanos. We got to the place in the picture late and I had been up all night.. I am going to test it more before we get into the 30's next week...... :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom