My new Frontier Pro BBQ is here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the frontier typically only comes with the two sections but it was a show special so I got another chamber for free.

All of them latch together it is impressive. Very convenient to move it. Also because the inner chambers come apart it is easier to get at things. THe doors are smaller than the WSM but since it is convenient to remove the sections I don't think it will be an issue.

The charcoal basket is very well constructed (about 3-4 inches deep too!) and the water pan is very deep as deep if not deeper than the brinkmann charcoal pans I have been using for water in my WSMs

IF you all want check out the specs for the Frontier here:
www.probbq.co.uk

It also turns into a grill.

I met the owner Ian while in Barrie. He is really dedicated to getting it right. Also he is designing additional space chambers for the WSM's. He is currently working on a prototype.

Additionally the lid has a line of hooks to be used to hang ribs fish etc. I am thinking I will do bacon in it for the first time in about a month or so.

I am impressed with the construction. I need to get the wrench out and tighten everything up now but it is almost good to go.

Here are some more pictures.

Diva, you've got a wsm, right? Can't wait to hear the comparison
reports. Interesting that he's making a mid section to fit
wsm's, too.

Actually I have 2 of them. They are right behind the Pro BBQ in the black boxes.

Yes i am really interested in how it stands up to a WSM. Should make for an interesting few cooks.

impressive line up of smokers...by the looks of that new smoker, I guess you can stack as many grates on as possible

Very nice cooker! Looks like they need to make a longer cover for those who have 3 middle sections.

I'll be interested to see what the "additional space chamber" for the WSM looks like. I'd love to have one where, instead of a little door, an entire section could be rotated open (like a horizontal version of a roll-top desk) to give you nearly wide-open access to the food. (Maybe I ought to patent that idea...)

:mrgreen:

witt,

One of them needed to be bent a bit but that was it.

It is pretty much the same like the WSM door just a little bend and that was it.

thanks Diva...I wonder how long it's going to take for the temp to regulate with the extra sections...and what the difference between grates is going to be...till the temp = out...we expect a full report :D
Good luck on the bacon cook...what kind are you going to make..belly or loin bacon?

Actually, take you some shredded cheddar and sauteed garlic and onions minced and browned......mix it into some hot fresh cooked grits.........lay out about 1" thick in a foil pan and smoke until firm??????? cut into squares and serve............now KISS THOSE GRITS!!!!!!!!! Nice smoker Div! Wish I had a small, practical one! (Well, a cooker, I mean :oops: )

Cliff H. said:
That looks so much like a wsm, I don't see how they are keeping from being sued. :shock:

Cliff,

I asked the same thing. There was never a patent on the WSM. Ever.

I couldn't believe it !

Witt,

I am going to do belly bacon in a couple of months. One of the guys I know has an incredible recipe. HE even gave me the cure for it.

Tomorrow when I have more time I am going to take 3 of my grate temp probes and measure the difference in temp for each level. Log it and then at least have a reference for it.

Then I am going to take it apart level by level and measure the temp again.

I will take pics of course.

:)

Puff,

I don't know when the stacker will be available. He is still in the prototype stage right now.

Larry D.

I emailed Ian about the availability of a longer cover. I am sure it will be available sometime in the future.

The roll top desk idea is pretty cool.

Steer,

They don't recommend any more grates than the three. I would imagine it would topple too easily.

The diameter is 2 inches less than the WSM.

What part of a WSM could Weber patent.? They didn't do anything that hadn't been done before, they just put it together better.

Good luck with that new Q!

Rich

A Team mate of mine Maxim has a WSM and I can see how this "Q" thing is cool. The handles and also adding a section or 2 or 3 helps as they tend not to have much cubic inchs of rack spaces. Stack these right with a couple "field modifide" racks and I bet you could load them on up.

Temp control is #1 tho and I have no idea what these bad boys do. Thanks for showing me new stuff folks

peace
mike

probbq said:
Thanks for all the comments guys, we like every bit of feedback we get (good and bad), this helps us to produce smokers that have the best design and usability.

In my best JB voice :

Make it bigger BOY!!! PAY ATTENTION 22"................BOY!

I had some personal family stuff that had to be taken care of first rather unexpected.

Ended up throwing out 36 chicken thighs because of it (12 for each level to see how they would cook) :cry:

I have burned off a bag of charcoal in it so far (14kg) and this week I will try out the chicken in it again.

Back
Top Bottom