My First Bread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That do look good Allie. Making me hongry just looking at it. Thinking that make a great muffalto (sic) like folk eat down in Norleans..or did afore it got destroyed like unto Sodom. You ever had one of them? Taint bad.

bigwheel

The celery and carrots in that olive salad really don't appeal to me at all. I don't really care for either of those veggies! LOL

I withhold comment on hard salami.

allie said:
The celery and carrots in that olive salad really don't appeal to me at all. I don't really care for either of those veggies! LOL

I withhold comment on hard salami.

Hmm I couldn't get the link to work, so didn't really see it, but Carrots and Celery? Never had that in a muffelata. I make em with 3-4 different kinds of olives from the bar, chopped pimentos, pepperoni, salami, oil, seasonings, and a nice sharp cheese.

Hey Scotty..think me and you could do bidness. How much for the recipe? How do you keep that old wet olive salad juice from gooing up the bread when you want to eat the other half later. Where would add the anchovies etc? Thanks.

bigwheel

It's pretty easy.
1 1/3 Cup assorted Greek olives, pitted and -coarsely chopped (Cerignolas, Nafplions, Gaetas, Missions....Try em at the bar to find some you like)
1/4 Cup Pimiento, chopped
1 Purple onion diced
3 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Anchovy, mashed
1 tablespoon Capers
1 Roasted red Pepper, skin removed, desseded, cut into thin strips
1/3 cup Finely chopped parsley
1 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
1/2 Cup Olive oil
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar

Cut the crusty loaf in half and slighty scoop out the middle , smear olive salad onto bread halves, top each half with hard salalmi, pepperoni, mortabella, & Provolone ( or sharp cheddar in my case ;) . put together. Press under bricks if you wish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom