MVP Winner is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
Considering the market I'm in (Myrtle Beach, 13 million tourists a year, heavy retirement population), standard American/Southern is my first choice, but that much is still in the air. I don't want to be a theme restaurant, maybe just open for breakfast lunch. I might serve bbq, but it would a place with a full menu that appeals to the lowest common denominator. Lots of work to be done!

Cappy there aren't any Calabash Restaurants down there, why don't you open one?? :)

Exactly...the idea is to find something that isn't overserved, and yet there is still a demand.

There's plenty of pancake breakfast joints down here, and the Greeks seem to run em all. They also all drive Mercedes. Lot's of money to be made selling 2 eggs, couple bacon strips and toast for 5 or 6 bucks.

Captain,

I think it would be cool if you could combine your broadcasting job with your BBQ restaurant and broadcast from your Q joint each day. That would be unique!

Kloset BBQR said:
Captain,

I think it would be cool if you could combine your broadcasting job with your BBQ restaurant and broadcast from your Q joint each day. That would be unique!
Well, as long as the music format changes... :eek:

:!: :!:

Captain Morgan said:
Exactly...the idea is to find something that isn't overserved, and yet there is still a demand.

There's plenty of pancake breakfast joints down here, and the Greeks seem to run em all. They also all drive Mercedes. Lot's of money to be made selling 2 eggs, couple bacon strips and toast for 5 or 6 bucks.

What about a hot dog joint? I saw a show on PBS this weekend about Hot Dog joints and these places were packing em in. Doesn't require a whole lot of capital investment either.

Kloset BBQR said:
Captain,

I'm coming in from a similar angle...trying to bring that to the table...
free advertising, ya know?

(Acceptance speech)

First off I would like to thank God
Second I would like to thank all the big people who eat my que and post on this board

Back
Top Bottom