Mullet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey_Joe

Head Chef
Does anyone here have any info on how, where I can get fresh Mullet shipped to me so I can smoke them?..... if not fresh Mullet....then already smoked Mullet.

I'm a redneck transplanted into Yankeeland and having withdrawals and need a good fix of Smoked Mullet

thank you in advance

Where are you in Yankeland? ... Watch that Yank stuff you ain't in Texas anymore BuB. :razz:
What's a mullet I've heard of smoked white fish? Is that similar?

wittdog said:
Where are you in Yankeland? ... Watch that Yank stuff you ain't in Texas anymore BuB. :razz:
I'm sure we'll get the answers but I wanted to be the first. Business up front, party in the back = mullet

Sorry, no recipe here, but your post reminded me of a trip a few buddies and I made to Sebastian Inlet for a weekend of fishing.. We went out one night for shrimping and another for fishing and when we would pan our spotlight across the water, hundreds of mullet would be jumping. There were so many of them, we were laughing our a$$es off (Yeah, we were drunk!!) Several landed in the boat!

photokirk said:
Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
wittdog said:
I'm sure we'll get the answers but I wanted to be the first. Business up front, party in the back = mullet

I always thought you found mullets in Camaros with New Jersey plates. :grin:

That would be the demographics of locating mullets, yes..

jshively said:
The best place for mullets is the trailer park or 80s hairband concert.

You want one that is a little plumper. The skinny ones tend to be tough and fiesty.

Catching them is easy. Get a Trans Am and blast Whitesnake. They will come to you. Offer then a Marlboro and then club them with a cast iron skillet.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Smokey_Joe said:
Does anyone here have any info on how, where I can get fresh Mullet shipped to me so I can smoke them?..... if not fresh Mullet....then already smoked Mullet.

I'm a redneck transplanted into Yankeeland and having withdrawals and need a good fix of Smoked Mullet

thank you in advance

What you're looking for is called a "Pop eyed mullet". Call any fish wholesaler in NC or SC and they'll know exactly what you're talking about.

wittdog said:
Threads like this are one of the reasons I love this board.

I agree, it goes from serious to immature back to serious and we all follow along without getting lost AND NO ONE GETS MAD.... =D>

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
wittdog said:
Threads like this are one of the reasons I love this board.

I agree, it goes from serious to immature back to serious and we all follow along without getting lost AND NO ONE GETS MAD.... =D>
Hey Larry do they serve that type of mullet with spinach?

Seriously that's some good info...That's another thing I love about this board someone either knows the answer or will try to find the info for you.

Thanks for all the laughs and the true info. on Mullet purchase.

I used to live backwoods in the panhandle of Florida wayyyy inland from Panama City Beach ( town called Altha) and now live in North Central Massachusetts......you say Mullet around here and people think hairdoo and 80's music.

You can tell a TRUE Southerner...... when you say Smoked Mullet ...... thier eyes roll back, thier mouth waters.... and sometimes they even get a little twitch happenin'.

:grin:

Smokey_Joe said:
Ever eaten Smoked Mullet?

Yep, the best part is the Roe :D
The flesh isexcellent for smokin'. The stuff I've seen around here I
wouldn't even use for bait!!! Gotta be real fresh.

Smokey_Joe said:

I used to live backwoods in the panhandle of Florida wayyyy inland from Panama City Beach ( town called Altha) and now live in North Central Massachusetts......you say Mullet around here and people think hairdoo and 80's music.

You can tell a TRUE Southerner...... when you say Smoked Mullet ...... thier eyes roll back, thier mouth waters.... and sometimes they even get a little twitch happenin'.

That anywhere near Polk (pronounced poke by locals) County?

Finney said:
Smokey_Joe said:

That anywhere near Polk (pronounced poke by locals) County?
Polk County includes Lakeland. It is between Orange County (Orlando), Osceola County (Kissimmee) and Hillsborough County (Tampa / St. Pete area). http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/graphics ... unties.gif

mullet.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom