More Jerky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Well I have been a busy beaver today. Been to WW and snagged some marinate ingredients..and stopped by Albertsons for eye of round. Grabbed two about 6 lbs each on sale two for one suppoesedly. After you figured in they marked it up double price and give two for the money it was about 4 bucks a pound. Had a brilliant idear to get them to slice it up thin but the poor folks slicer was broke. So I froze it one for an hour and took my Forschners Granton slicer and cut it pretty thin. Maybe got 25-30 wafers out of it. Very little waste. So now it is soaking in the magic concoction until tomorow.
...In the meantime got Fred rigged up in his jerky making mode. Elec. hot plate and cast iron stew pot sitting in the bottom of the upright. Small fan mounted in the horizontal and aimed back toward the smoke pot. Took out a few grates out of the upright and ran some sticks across to be able to dangle stuff. Got some of the bamboo skewers like Boozer was using and plan to thread the meat onto those then span across the sticks. Doing a test smoke as we speak and seems to be working fine. Hopefully start it drying tomorrow and start passing it out to the cute beer tenders on boys day out with the guys on Weds. Think since its got some good airflow and smoke the temp aint much to fret about. I dont like getting over 140 anyway. Who got some input or helpful suggestions? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom