Moonshine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Thinking of taking it up for a hobby..making it and sipping around on it just for medicinal purposes. Anybody know the cheapest way to make a bunch which aint dangerous for anybody concerned. How do you make Apple Pie? Thanks.

Believe it or not... I am sipping some spectacular apple pie shine brought in from Billy Carroll of DoRag Q! I will see if I can get you the recipe... Its really awesome!

Sent from Cleveland, Ohio

to make true apple pie, you have to have the moonshine first.

It can be made with Everclear, but let's get the moonshine made first.

Thanks for the input and appreciate the recipe if you can wrangle it Greg. Hey while your at it kindly see if you can get him to give some info on the best distilling vessels and techniques. Thanks.

I stumbled over this site. Shows you how to make a fancy still out of a beer keg or SS Milk Can..which I havent seen one in years. Dont think trying to build it would be a good plan for a non mechanical minded person. http://moonshine-still.com/ Headed over to look at the other options.

Thanks Ford. I have been researching the topic all day and have about decided its sorta like a combo of wine making..sausage making..reloading bullets..and running a welding shoppe on the side. Wayyy too much work for lazy fat boys who sweat a lot. Now swinging back to the Apple Pie..why could we not just cover the apples with some cheap vodky instead of Everclear? Anybody price that stuff lately? Somebody should come up with a system to re-nature de-natured alchyhol.

Can't get the 190 proof Everclear here in the Buckeye State, but looks like you can down in the Lone Star State, this seems simple enough even for a lazy fat boy or a fat old retired Yankee :mrgreen:

1 gallon apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 liter bottle of 190 proof moonshine or Everclear

Directions
In a large stock pot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and cinnamon sticks. Bring it to a boil, then take it off the heat and allow it to cool. Add the liter of high proof liquor. Pour this into mason jars, put the lids on, and let it mellow out. You could drink it right away, but it does get better after a couple of weeks.

This recipe makes about 9 quarts of apple pie moonshine. You could easily cut this recipe in half if that is too much.

Havent bumped into much shine unless somebody passing out samples at a bbq cookoof. Now back in a previous incarnation when I was in the highway peteroleum biziness..we had a great deal on store bought likker up in in Foard County. The High Sheriff was trying to cut back on boot legging (dry county) so he come up with a little incentive plan. Anytime we caught an alleged perp we got to keep half the load as a finders fee. Course a person needed to acquire a taste for Pebbleford Bourbon and Gilbeys Gin in the half pint sizes...also Tall Boy cans of Budweiser. That was the preferred brands and sizes among the entrepreneurs and minority co-moonity customer base. Wasn't bad considering the price.

Thanks for that one Buzz. Got it on the agenda.

bbquzz said:
Can't get the 190 proof Everclear here in the Buckeye State, but looks like you can down in the Lone Star State, this seems simple enough even for a lazy fat boy or a fat old retired Yankee :mrgreen:

1 gallon apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 liter bottle of 190 proof moonshine or Everclear

Directions
In a large stock pot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and cinnamon sticks. Bring it to a boil, then take it off the heat and allow it to cool. Add the liter of high proof liquor. Pour this into mason jars, put the lids on, and let it mellow out. You could drink it right away, but it does get better after a couple of weeks.

This recipe makes about 9 quarts of apple pie moonshine. You could easily cut this recipe in half if that is too much.

Ok no problemo. I come within about an inch of going out to buy the stuff to make Buzz's recipe. Got to Goggling and found a website which sorta seemed dedicated to the proposition. They all spatting over white sugar or brown..or any sugar needed it all. All cider or all juice etc. You can also make variants with peach and cherry flavors too. You know the missing logic is this puzzle is you have a bunch of liquid there why buy the high dollar high test stuff. Non of the bunch seemed to even mention such nonsense as trying to make it economically. Do realize it was created around the strong moonshine angle...but they say by the time you add all juices its about as strong as wine or a stout yup beer. I do not even like apple cider..why would I want to make this stuff? I have plenty of hooch already on hand..lol.

Found some good recipes over here. Also spoke to the local brewmeister who say they now have some distilled spirits yeast which go from sugar and water wash to 20% alchyhol level within 24 hours. Tell ya the technology is passing me on by. There are Bill Gates type guys in every endeavor I guess.
http://www.milehidistilling.com/moonshine-recipes/ He also has some very kewlish stills which attach to SS beer kegs. Sheck it out man..lol. Seen an ad just today for Junior Johnsons own special recipe Apple Pie which was in pint fruit jars for forty bucks. I thought he just hauled the stuff. Shows whut I know huh?

Greg Rempe said:
Still waiting for the recipe... Might be secret or something!

Sent from Cleveland, Ohio

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom