Momma's day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Is anybody cooking for mother's day?

I have the whole family coming over Sunday!
The menu is still up in the air :)
I am thawing a pork butt out as I speak =P~
Probably grill some chicken too :!:
Whats everybody cookin'?

If we can get enough moved tomorrow (house closing on the old house is on Tuesday), I'll be cooking ribs on the Guru Powered Ranck Kettle Sunday.

Not sure what I'm doing for my wife, we may just go out to dinner.

Make sure all of you guys do something very very special for your Mother on "Her Day". Let her know how much she means to you and how much you love her.

We're doing brunch in the AM for my mother in law, than I'm doing lunch for my wife then it's off to my parents for desert with my mom. My oldest son (the marine) surprised my wife the other night. He flew home (he's stationed in Hawaii) to surprise her for her pinning ceremony at school (she graduates next week from college) and will be home for the week. I told him where we were gonna be having dinner (her birthday, same as Larrys) and he showed up at the resturant with his girlfirend just after we sat down. Surprised the $hit out of her! This will be one of those mother days she never forgets. Oh yeah back on topic, I'm doing 2 fatties today and some ABT's then 2 briskets for tomorrow, 1 for lunch and 1 for the freezer. Hope everybody enjoys the day with their moms!

We're not going out afterall. I'm making some chipped beef gravy for my wife for breakfast and then she's requested steaks for dinner. So I'll go to the store in a bit to see what they have, maybe a big fat sirloin, baked potatoes and some grilled veggies. I haven't had acorn squash in a while so that may be on the Performer later as well. I may pick up some shrimp for her as well.

Daughter and I made the wife breakfast in bed this morning, she got sausage gravy and biscuits. Going out this afternoon to Costco in search of big Rib Eye steak for dinner.

In terms of a learning curve...I've always heard the TV chef's state that you have to be careful when making a roux not to splatter it on yourself because it is really hot, and I never HAD until this morning.......they're right.

Bruce B said:
Daughter and I made the wife breakfast in bed this morning, she got sausage gravy and biscuits. Going out this afternoon to Costco in search of big Rib Eye steak for dinner.

In terms of a learning curve...I've always heard the TV chef's state that you have to be careful when making a roux not to splatter it on yourself because it is really hot, and I never HAD until this morning.......they're right.

OUCH!

Les and the kids cooked me breakfast yesterday morning. Sausage, bacon, eggs, pancakes, and sliced bananas......way too much! I usually don't eat breakfast. He also took us out to eat on Friday night since he knew he was leaving yesterday for a week of work in South Carolina.

Last night I cooked roasted garlic and parmesan chicken over rigatoni with steamed broccoli for the kids and me.

I'm not sure where all he's going to be. I know the first house is somewhere between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. LOL They refurbish repossessed homes for Vanderbilt Mortgage and the rep had quite a few for them to work on. From what his brother said, there will probably be 2-3 more trips this summer. As soon as school's out, I get to go too!!

When I talk to him tonight, I can find out more about the area he's in.

allie said:
I'm not sure where all he's going to be. I know the first house is somewhere between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. LOL They refurbish repossessed homes for Vanderbilt Mortgage and the rep had quite a few for them to work on. From what his brother said, there will probably be 2-3 more trips this summer. As soon as school's out, I get to go too!!

Too bad it wasn't this past weekend... He could've went to Darlington !

That's ok, Larry! I wasn't sure where I was supposed to run to since I'm still up here in Indiana. LOL You had a me a bit confused, but hey that's normal for me!

:)

allie said:

well when he's in Myrtle he can come fix me a breakfast like that!

Back
Top Bottom