Momma's day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
allie said:
I'm not sure where all he's going to be. I know the first house is somewhere between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. LOL They refurbish repossessed homes for Vanderbilt Mortgage and the rep had quite a few for them to work on. From what his brother said, there will probably be 2-3 more trips this summer. As soon as school's out, I get to go too!!

When I talk to him tonight, I can find out more about the area he's in.

well when he's in Myrtle he can come fix me a breakfast like that!

Sorry cappy, you missed mothers day #-o

Captain Morgan said:
allie said:
I'm not sure where all he's going to be. I know the first house is somewhere between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. LOL They refurbish repossessed homes for Vanderbilt Mortgage and the rep had quite a few for them to work on. From what his brother said, there will probably be 2-3 more trips this summer. As soon as school's out, I get to go too!!

When I talk to him tonight, I can find out more about the area he's in.

well when he's in Myrtle he can come fix me a breakfast like that!

You've been watching too much Broke Back Mountain! [-X I heard in order to get a breakfast like that, you're going to have a P.I.T.A. in the morning! 8-[

I'm sure he'd be glad to make a trade! He'll make breakfast and you can make dinner!

Second thought, wait till I make the trip with him! I want some food, too!

Whoa, that's way too early! LOL I am not a morning person, but Les is!

Oh yeah and Scotty, he knows better! If he goes to a race without me, he might have to think twice before returning home. I wanna go!

I can't remember what town he said he's in but they spent last night about 61 miles from Myrtle Beach. I'm almost positive he said he'll be in Myrtle Beach today. It was a bit hectic talking to him on the phone last night. Between his brother trying to talk to me via him, the kids whining wanting to talk to him, and them trying to find Fox on the motel tv so they could watch 24, I think I missed more of the conversation than I got. The way these two kids are carrying on, you'd think he was going to be gone for a month rather than a week. Sunday, he left at 4:30 pm and our son wouldn't go to sleep because he wanted to tell Daddy he loves him. I finally had to call at 11 pm just so he'd go to bed. LOL

Well, last night he spent in Myrtle Beach. They ate supper at Fuddruckers and he was talking about all the bikes there for bike week. He was all worked up about one custom he saw and was enjoying the local tv channel there all about activities in the area, especially some girl they showed in a bikini! LOL

My SIL works for a custom bag company in Buffalo. She has been there for two weeks now, She gets to go to all the big shows and get paid for it. (the lucky stiff) Including Sturgis SD. I'll take a burger from Fudruckers any time. I just can't move too well after eating there, Big nap time after plowing down a few one pound burgers. =P~ :)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
My SIL works for a custom bag company in Buffalo. She has been there for two weeks now, She gets to go to all the big shows and get paid for it. (the lucky stiff) Including Sturgis SD. I'll take a burger from Fudruckers any time. I just can't move too well after eating there, Big nap time after plowing down a few one pound burgers. =P~ :)

Chris have you ever tried their Ostrich Burger? Very good and you can't tell it's not a real hamburger and you can eat it rare!

The motel they're staying at (no idea which one), told them that their $100 a night room would go up to $170 on Thursday evening due to the number of bikers coming into town. They were lucky to be able to find a place with such short notice.

I'm so jealous! He is there where all the action is, while I'm home doing all the normal day to day stuff. LOL

Oh yeah, he bought me a present! They went into a convenience store yesterday that was advertising boiled peanuts. He asked about them and it was a scoop your own into a bag kind of deal. Well, he told the woman that he needed to be able to take them to a "young lady" about 900 miles away so she said they had canned. Another lady came out of the back carrying a #10 can of them!! He bought them for me! I absolutely love them, whether canned or cooked at home and here in Indiana, we can't get green peanuts to cook.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1eu5dnap]My SIL works for a custom bag company in Buffalo. She has been there for two weeks now, She gets to go to all the big shows and get paid for it. (the lucky stiff) Including Sturgis SD. I'll take a burger from Fudruckers any time. I just can't move too well after eating there, Big nap time after plowing down a few one pound burgers. =P~ :)

Chris have you ever tried their Ostrich Burger? Very good and you can't tell it's not a real hamburger and you can eat it rare![/quote:1eu5dnap]
I have, a buddy of mine raises them, it's really not bad.

Well, he came home and now he's gone again. This time they are closer to Charleston. The peanuts are gone as well. After the kids got home from school Friday, they ate most of them. LOL He's supposed to get more this week and some Cheerwine if he can find it. I also told him to grab a jar of pickled peaches if he sees any. I can't get those here either and I love using the juice in my bbq sauce.

Anyone know any good BBQ joints around Charleston? He was asking me if I'd read about any on here so they can check them out.

allie said:
Well, he came home and now he's gone again. This time they are closer to Charleston. The peanuts are gone as well. After the kids got home from school Friday, they ate most of them. LOL He's supposed to get more this week and some Cheerwine if he can find it. I also told him to grab a jar of pickled peaches if he sees any. I can't get those here either and I love using the juice in my bbq sauce.

Anyone know any good BBQ joints around Charleston? He was asking me if I'd read about any on here so they can check them out.
If he is right in the Charleston area, I would suggest Jack and Nick's (downtown on King Street), Momma Brown's (in Mt. Pleasant), Bessinger's (West Ashley), Melvin's (several locations). I forget the name (something with "HOG" in it) of the place on Johns Island. I don't think any of them are half as good as what I make, but .....

I'll definitely tell him those places tonight. I wrote them all down so I'll have the list handy. I know homemade is better but when you can't get it, you have to settle. LOL Not sure if he'll go to any or not. His brother's wife had the wonderful idea of cooking lunch and supper for them each day. It would have been ok but she didn't plan very well. For lunch yesterday, they had ham and cheese sandwiches without the bread. At suppertime, she had the meal cooked (they got a room on the Air Force Base with a kitchenette), but had no plates or silverware. They had to go out and find dishes so didn't get to eat until about 10:30 pm. Needless to say, Les was a bit upset about their lack of planning skills. After driving all night Sunday, working all day yesterday, and no lunch, he wanted to eat and go to bed.

Back
Top Bottom