Momma BTGG baked beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
This is my Moms recipie. I use it catering all the time. Infact, its a huge hit.

Serves around 30 people

1 #10 can of Showboat Beans

1 large onion, 1 green pepper and 1lb of breakfast sausage (I like Jimmy Dean) and 1 table spoon of Fennel seed. Brown the sausage with the onions and peppers and fennel.

1 cup ketsup, 1/2 cup vinager and 1/4 cup brown sugar.

Mix in a 1/2 foil pan and fridge until you are ready to heat. Heat at 350 for 1 hour or until its bubbly.

No Showboat bean's around here. Last time I had them the wife hated me for a day of so. :LOL: Bushes beans I don't care for. WAY over rated! And too sweet for my taste. SUPER looking beans! (now I'm hungry)

Smokey_Joe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1vmbqov9][quote="D.Harris":1vmbqov9]Do you drain any of the juice from the beans???

Yep, drian the beans and take out the pork fat chunks.[/quote:1vmbqov9]

[smilie=a_holyshit.gif] take them out???????[/quote:1vmbqov9]

Just cause it doesnt cook down enough for me. Thats all.

Those look great Bill. I don't think they sell the Showboat beans up this a way.

Bill fed me these, and I started making em...I fed em to Nick and he started making em...I'm telling you, these are great beans!!!!!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Smokey_Joe":3oqqfpd3][quote="Bill The Grill Guy":3oqqfpd3][quote="D.Harris":3oqqfpd3]Do you drain any of the juice from the beans???

Yep, drian the beans and take out the pork fat chunks.[/quote:3oqqfpd3]

[smilie=a_holyshit.gif] take them out???????[/quote:3oqqfpd3]

Just cause it doesnt cook down enough for me. Thats all.[/quote:3oqqfpd3]

We got SB down here. I allways add crisp cooked bacon, with bacon grease & garlic to mine. Tasso would work too, allrite tasso is good in anything. I'll show yall a shortcut to making tasso soon

JB, what is tasso? I'm unfamiliar with that term.

Bill, thanks! I do think those might be on the menu for the party in June.

Strips of spiced pork or beef which are smoked like jerky and used to flavor many dishes; a sort of Cajun pepperoni.
www.cs.wisc.edu/~jmeaux/cajundict.html
YUM! :D or
A lean and highly-seasoned piece of cured pork or beef, tasso is hard to find outside of Louisiana. It's used like ham or salt pork to flavor pastas, beans, and other dishes.
southernfood.about.com/library/info/bld_t.htm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom