Modified Shrimp, crawfish Stew & Crawfish balls over ric

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
Ok yall. I used buffarilos shrimp stew recipe and added some crawfish to it and then used one of his towns peoples recipe for crawfish balls. It's awesome yall.. I used "Slap your mama" for the seasoning too... Thanks Kenneth.. :P

Shrimp Stew or Crawfish Stew

Submitted by Alberta (BERT) LeBlanc
Kaplan, LA

Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Ready In: 19 minutes

Ingredients
1/3 jar roux water
1 onion, chopped 1 bell pepper, chopped
1 stalk celery Tony Chachere's all purpose seasoning
1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined or crawfish or both 1 handful chopped onion tops
1 handful chopped parsley 2 cups rice 6 boiled eggs optional

Directions
In a Dutch oven pot combine water & roux. Mix well and let mixture come to a boil then reduce heat. At this time you can adjust the roux or liquid if you need extra. You want this sauce to stick to your rice.

Add the onion, bell pepper and celery. Cook down until veggies are soft...I like to cook down (continually cook on low fire) my roux about an hour or so. Add the clean shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink, 5 to 10 minutes more, season well. Add peeled boiled eggs if adding. Turn off heat and add the onion tops and parsley. Serve over hot rice. If you can not buy pre-made roux see this web site for making your own roux.

Boulettes - Fried Crawfish Balls - Fried Shrimp Balls - Fried Crab Balls

Makes: 18 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 40 minutes

Ingredients
2 pounds shrimp or crawfish or crab 2 medium boiled white potatoes
1 small grated onion - 1/2 cup 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper 1/4 tsp red pepper
1 egg slightly beaten 1/4 cup bell pepper chopped fine
1/4 cup celery chopped fine 1/4 tsp garlic powder optional
bread crumbs, flour or fish fry - corn flour Oil for frying

Directions
Peel, boil and mash the potatoes. Clean and finely chop the shrimp or grind shrimp in meat grinder or food processor. Combine with potatoes. Add the onion, bell pepper, celery and spices. Add egg and mix well; form into balls, golf ball size or larger.

As an option for a different flavor you could add bread crumbs or flour to the mixture. My Mom actually added 1/4 flour to the mixture and then rolled them in flour. You could also grate the potatoes and add them raw to the mixture.

Roll the balls in bread crumbs, flour, or fish fry. The balls can be cooked right away but will cook better if chilled for at least an hour. Heat oil to 360 or 375 degrees or until a speck of flour dropped in the oil dances on the surface. Deep fry until golden brown.

Serve alone or with your favorite dipping sauce goes really great with crab or shrimp stew.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom