Memorial weekend cook...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Heading down to camp for the weekend. Got a crew (a bunch of the hunting guys) comming and we'll hopefully put a new roof on the cabin, if I can keep them away from the beer and Stoli !

Friday night, Il be having at it with my first attempt at New England clam chowder. Serving that with mussels over pene.. Sat. am will be breakfast burritos, lunch will be pp sammys ( a butt I cooked last weekend with wr) and cole slaw, dinner will be marinated grilled thighs, corn on the cob, my pops pork and beans w/onions recipe and a green salad. Sunday will be my dads day. He's doing riggatoni with his home made sauce (ya man !!!)..Monday is burgers and dogs on the grill with pot luck salad's...

Pics to follow on Monday ( if I dont get drunk and fall of the roof :roll: )

John don't forget, "Real" New England Clam Chowder does NOT have dairy in it! [smilie=rlp_smilie_318.gif]

john pen said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":2dxedsh5]John don't forget, "Real" New England Clam Chowder does NOT have dairy in it! [smilie=rlp_smilie_318.gif]

Ok, so mine will be fake...[/quote:2dxedsh5]

[smilie=lol_xtreme.gif] [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif] [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif] [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif] Have fun and be safe John!

Well the meal here will be pulled pork , will work all day Saturday come home that evening fire up the WSM`s and put the Butts on for a over nighter, I had planned on just burgers and hot dogs but my sister in law is whinning for pulled pork so that wife changed the menu ahh well. The more I smoke at home the better the next comp will be.

WalterSC said:
Well the meal here will be pulled pork , will work all day Saturday come home that evening fire up the WSM`s and put the Butts on for a over nighter, I had planned on just burgers and hot dogs but my sister in law is whinning for pulled pork so that wife changed the menu ahh well. The more I smoke at home the better the next comp will be.

Walter just buy a couple tubs of Lloyds BBQ and a couple slabs of their ribs. That's what Finney does.

Larry Wolfe said:
WalterSC said:

Walter just buy a couple tubs of Lloyds BBQ and a couple slabs of their ribs. That's what Finney does.
[smilie=rlp_smilie_207.gif] [smilie=a_goodjob.gif] My worst gas Q is better than that stuff. :LOL:

D.Harris said:
Something tells me that Finney will probably have a post for his defense when he sees that one!!!

Be careful on the roof and have a nice Memorial Day weekend.
Will be doing 2 to 3 butts along with a pool and Nascar party my wife dreamed up.

Finney is out of town all weekend, that's why I talked about him!!

John, either stay away from the Stoli.............or ......stay away from the roof :shock: Have fun dude 8)

John thanks for the help today....I think he is a changed man...says he hasn't had a drink in two weeks...Must be one hell of a hang over.. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom